Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
grabit
grabit began at the beginning.

Device: iriver Story, iPod Touch
howdy from an Aussie reader!

howdy folks..

i have only had a quick look around so far, but i don't see my reader mentioned.. i have a 'just bought yesterday and am still very enthusiastic over' iriver story.. it's a very cool thing. i won't rave about it in case it's already been written up here before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iriverstory.gif
Views:	216
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	47095  
grabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, grabit!

We do have one or two threads on the iRiver Story.

In any case, I'm sure that others will be interested in hearing your experiences with it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'Day grabit and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:22 PM   #4
grabit

thanks for the welcomes.. and the links NatCh.. just a mention or three..
Old 03-03-2010, 11:57 PM   #5
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
Welcome to MobileRead.
carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2010, 03:11 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Grabit. Very best. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:56 AM   #7
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR. Share your experience with the reader. The more we get, the better informed choices people can make that are still deciding.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #8
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi grabit, welcome to MR!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:35 AM   #9
grabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
Hi & welcome to MR. Share your experience with the reader. The more we get, the better informed choices people can make that are still deciding.

i'm loving the iriver story! i have learned txt files are really the best to use, (i read somewhere it's the native format) and loaded a few fonts that make it easier for me to read - my eyes have seen better days!
Old 03-05-2010, 02:21 AM   #10
Earthpond
Earthpond began at the beginning.

Device: none
Red face

another howdy from aussieland

it seems i-river is the only one available in OZ. Looks good.

Am looking to buy an ereader to travel in Europe with. Can BeBook neo access OZ ebook sites?

VERY new to all this...
Earthpond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #11
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthpond View Post
another howdy from aussieland

it seems i-river is the only one available in OZ. Looks good.

Am looking to buy an ereader to travel in Europe with. Can BeBook neo access OZ ebook sites?

VERY new to all this...
Hi & welcome Earthpond. The access of the reader to the sites is restricted by geographical regions so you shouldn't have a problem with the BeBook on Aussie sites. But tbh, you WANT to access overseas sites as they are usually cheaper. Unfortunately we have to cross a few bridges, some of them dodgy to get there.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #12
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Welcome to Mobileread!

Seems there is an influx of Aussies (Like myself), as we are early adopters...Not that E books are even remotely new!

My best advice is to jump in, ask a heap of questions, check out the Wiki site and have a blast!

If there is something you want to do or need the knowlege on how to do it, if you cant find it here it's likely not to exist at all!

I'm in Brisbane, but have been on this site for a while.....I got my first dedicated reader here, and (hopefully) my second as well....should be here in the next few days.....
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #13
grabit

thanks... i'm still finding my feet here.. it's a large site!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #14
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote