Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 08:12 AM   #1
stevewilkinson
stevewilkinson began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600even lota
Sony Reader Library Folder Locations

I received a sony 600 for Christmas which is fantastic.

I've installed the Sony Reader Library (and digital editions) software which work fine.

I've noticed 2 new folders in my Steve user folder on Vista 64bit.

The first is in Documents "My Ebooks" and contains downloaded books which is fine.

The second is "Library" in my user Steve folder. It only contains a preferences folder.

I try and keep things neat and understandable on my PC and would like to shift this Library folder into my ebooks one or the install one of the reader library software in program files.

Is this possible?

Thanks for anyhelp.

Steve
stevewilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
The two folders are due to the recent move from BBeB format to Epub format. At least that is what it appears to be on my upgraded library software. I think the application expects and needs them to be that way.

Just looked at mine again. The Library under your user is what the App is using to store it's preferences for browsing the Sony store I believe. It should remain there.

I think if you start moving things around in your D&S area you are going to break something. Probably best to just let it use the defaults.

Last edited by kennyc; 12-30-2009 at 08:30 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2009, 05:25 AM   #3
stevewilkinson
stevewilkinson began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600even lota
Thanks for the advice, would be nice just to have one folder but I'm sure 2 will not confuse me too much.
stevewilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:42 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewilkinson View Post
Thanks for the advice, would be nice just to have one folder but I'm sure 2 will not confuse me too much.
You shouldn't really ever have to deal with them, eh?

I do because I back them up but I just have a session that includes the ebook directory.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote