Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Free Book at Smashwords - Boomerang

Boomerang ($1.00 Kindle), by Alan Hutcheson, can be purchased at no cost on Smashwords, thru October 1. If you'd prefer to get it from Amazon, you'll want to wait a couple of days, so that you can get the corrected cover and updated formatting. Once the cover changes in the Kindle store to match the one at Smashwords, you should get the corrected version. With all the changes to copyright verification being done at Amazon, minor changes that don't change any text are taking an average of five working days to be processed and any text changes seem to trigger another copyright search, so it may be next week before Amazon catches up. Of course, the Smashwords version isn't limited to the Kindle, so can be read on most ereader devices out there.

Book Description
Ted Hogwood's beloved Sarah, a jazz guitar, is in the window of Topp Dollar Pawn. The only way he can get the money to rescue her is to accept an assignment from the AABC, a not nearly official branch of the United States intelligence community. He is partnered with Jerry Kwiatkowski, master of the Hammond B-3 organ and chronic flatulence sufferer, to steal a boomerang containing secrets that should have died with J. Edgar Hoover over thirty years ago. It would be a simple job if only they knew what they were doing. And if a crossbow wielding assassin, two unemployed Australian women, The Director of Central Intelligence and a clothing optional former onion festival queen were not also hot on the boomerang's trail.

For the free download, click HERE and use coupon code GY65W after adding the book to your cart.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Updated Coupon Code

Goodness, I hadn't noticed this thread until just now. There have been a few changes and updates since then, including a complete sprucing up of the ebook formatting for Boomerang, making it available and good looking on both Smashwords and Amazon, and a new coupon code that is good through November 15, 2009 at Smashwords.

Boomerang’s one of my favorite indie books precisely because of its unconventional yet oddly compelling handling of structure and character (not to mention its humor).
author A Sparrow (Xenolith)

Coupon Code: GK59K (new code, good through Dec. 31, 2009)

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4167

Of course, I won't object to the outlay of the $1.99 retail, especially since I am splitting all of Boomerang's royalties with the Mountain View High School Marching Band. Funds for such "non-core" curriculum are dwindling at an alarming rate nowadays even though things like music and art can give unparalleled focus and desire to a student, helping them excel in many areas of study and life.

YouTube video of "Etched in Stone" as performed by Mountain View Toro Marching Band.

Coupon or retail, thanks for checking out Boomerang.

Last edited by plumboz; 11-21-2009 at 04:07 PM.
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2009, 11:33 PM   #3
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!

Today has been great for Boomerang. No way for me to know if any of the downloads came from this particular thread, but if so, Thanks So Much. I hope you enjoy it, and please, pass the word.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:05 AM   #4
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Thanks Alan. Quite fun. Read the sample chapter and had to get it.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:37 AM   #5
Xia
Zealot
Xia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 (x2)
Thank you, plumboz!

How timely! I was just looking at this book earlier today; I actually added it to my 'buy' list at that time. But..... free is too good to pass up! So Thank you! Thank you very much!

In case you would like to know my original buy process think for this book (when I added it to my 'buy it with $money' list, not when I bought it w/no money a few minutes ago):
I located it this morning while doing one of my routine 'deal' book searches on amazon. I found the book description to be rather sparse, & quite honestly, confusing.

But!!! Then I did take special notice of your book after I read one of the reviews by someone (her name was 'Laura' something, if I recollect correctly). She made the book sound very, very funny (there ain't a dang thing I like better than funny) and entertaining. So then I added it to my buy list. (By the way, I am not 'Laura' - or anyone else for that matter.)

I am very eager to read it! And cannot thank you enough for giving it to me. For free! VERY generous of you.

Thank you!

(Karma on its way!)
Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #6
plumboz
Novelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xia View Post
Thank you, plumboz!

How timely! I was just looking at this book earlier today; I actually added it to my 'buy' list at that time. But..... free is too good to pass up! So Thank you! Thank you very much!
Xia,

You are welcome very much. Yep, free is always good and I appreciate you picking up Boomerang either way.

If you like it, please pass the word. My advertising budget is right around zero, so Word of Mouth (or keyboard!) is how books like mine find readers.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #7
plumboz
Novelist

Billjr13 and Xia,

I see you use different readers. As a complete do-it-yourselfer and not a computer person by any stretch of the imagination, I would very much like to know how the formatting looks on your respective readers. If anything requires tweaking in your view, please let me know!

Thanks again for downloading Boomerang. You can truly say you are in select company! Although I hope that changes eventually.

Then you can say "I found it first!"
Old 11-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
plumboz
Novelist

One week left on the coupon.

Of course, Heaven has a special place for those who pay the big $1.99.

And another, just as nice special place for those who got it free, liked it, and passed the word.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #9
plumboz
Novelist

Four days left on the coupon.

Of course, Heaven has a special place for those who pay the big $1.99.

And another, just as nice special place for those who got it free, liked it, and passed the word.

I'll be doing another special after the 15th, applying to the paperback version.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #10
plumboz
Novelist

Two and a half days left!

Here's an early Amazon review:

5.0 out of 5 stars Boomerang; what comes around goes around, July 1, 2009
By Laura Lakey "ubercompulsive reader" (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

From its great characters to its twisted plot, Boomerang is lots of fun. The humor and quirky characters are reminiscent of "The Big Lebowski" while the frenetic pacing brings to mind "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World." A missing boomerang is sought by a couple of down-on-their-luck jazz musicians, an albino assassin, two little old Australian ladies, the C.I.A. and a sexy cheerleader, not to mention the surviving members of a secret agency set up long ago by J. Edgar Hoover. The ensuing mayhem as they compete to recover the artifact, manages to be both amusing and exciting, not an easy thing for a writer to achieve. That said, I highly recommend this book. A great summer read!

I know, it's not summer anymore. But hey, who says autumn or winter can't be a good time to have some fun reading?
Old 11-13-2009, 02:13 PM   #11
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
What a great review and much better worded than I could have done. The reviewer said what I wish I could have written in a review.

I would have added that places in the book had me laughing out loud as I pictured the characters and their antics.

Congratulations, that was a great review!!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #12
plumboz
Novelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
What a great review and much better worded than I could have done. The reviewer said what I wish I could have written in a review.

I would have added that places in the book had me laughing out loud as I pictured the characters and their antics.

Thank you, dreams,

You made my day!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #13
plumboz
Novelist

Hi,

Just a quick note that we're in the last few hours of the coupon.

Thanks!
Alan
Old 11-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #14
plumboz
Novelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post

dreams,

I really appreciate the review you wrote for Smashwords.

And since it looks like coupons are the order of the day, I've created another one for mobileread members.

Coupon Code for Boomerang at Smashwords: GK59K (new code, good through Dec. 31, 2009)

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4167

Of course, I won't object to the outlay of the $1.99 retail, especially since I am splitting all of Boomerang's royalties with the Mountain View High School Marching Band. Funds for such "non-core" curriculum are dwindling at an alarming rate nowadays even though things like music and art can give unparalleled focus and desire to a student, helping them excel in many areas of study and life.

YouTube video of "Etched in Stone" as performed by Mountain View Toro Marching Band.

Coupon or retail, thanks for checking out Boomerang.

Alan
Old 11-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #15
plumboz
Novelist

Another great day for Boomerang, thanks in large part to the members here at mobileread.com.

Thanks everyone!

Best,
Alan