Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Two Trilogies on Kindle

The endings to two different trilogies I've been reading were recently released on Kindle. Both are at bargain prices for a limited time. For those without a Kindle, the second series is available at Mobipocket.com, as well, but at slightly higher prices.

The conclusion to the trilogy started in Elfhunter (A Tale of Alterra, The World That Is), by C S Marks, has been released and is also (currently) 99 cents:

Ravenshade (A Tale of Alterra, The World That Is)

The second in the trilogy, Fire-Heart is $2.99 and I expect the third volume to rise to that level sometime this week.

Good series and a strong heroine lead.

…the Elfhunter is forced into a confrontation with Gaelen of the Greatwood, setting into motion a tale of deceit and betrayal from which neither may emerge. In an effort to prevail over his wily enemy, Gorgon forms a powerful, poisonous alliance with an ancient, sinister force darker and deadlier than any the Company has yet known. Each side must weave a web of deception that ultimately drives them deep into the ruined northern lands, even as the World of Alterra is plunged into war. Will the armies of Lord Wrothgar overwhelm all who stand against them? Does the fate of the Light rest on the shoulders of one small Wood-elf as Gaelen strives to defeat the Elfhunter at last? At the heart of it all is the Stone of Léir and the mighty but forlorn spirit trapped within it.

The second trilogy that has been completed is In Her Name, by Michael R. Hicks, concluding with the volume Final Battle ($1.59). This trilogy was released first as a single volume and was later split into three titles due to the sheer size (bookstores and readers complained about the print edition). All three volumes of the In Her Name trilogy (Empire, Confederation and Final Battle) are currently marked $1.59 each (the Omnibus Edition is marked down to 5.59, still a good deal, but not as good as the individual volumes, currently).

Reza Gard awakens in a hospital on Earth after having been in a coma for months. Charged with murder and high treason, he finds himself the scapegoat for a daring plot to assassinate the President of the Confederation.

Escaping with the help of Jodi Mackenzie, who is now hunted for what she knows about the death of the president, Reza discovers that something is deeply wrong with the Empire: the warriors have lost their will to fight. Compelled to step into a trap set for him and Jodi, the two once again find themselves bound for Erlang. But this time it is to meet Tesh-Dar, who has been captured.

Captured and sentenced to death, they can only watch as a human armada gathers for a strike against the Kreelan homeworld. But the human fleet - and humanity itself - will be doomed to utter annihilation unless Reza can save his Empress from death...

Last edited by koland; 09-07-2009 at 12:01 PM.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Karen! I love it that you find bargains and great reads for me. But do you have *any* idea what my TBR stack looks like? I read fast -- ~130 books a year -- and I *still* can't keep up.

OK, OK -- it's my own fault! I refuse to pass up any free book unless the subject is so objectionable that I can't imagine *ever* wanting to read it. And then there are these "deeply discounted for a short time" offers that I just cannot resist -- especially when they are subjects and genres that I really like to read.

I thank you for keeping us up to date on the bargains.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Karen! I love it that you find bargains and great reads for me. But do you have *any* idea what my TBR stack looks like? I read fast -- ~130 books a year -- and I *still* can't keep up.

OK, OK -- it's my own fault! I refuse to pass up any free book unless the subject is so objectionable that I can't imagine *ever* wanting to read it. And then there are these "deeply discounted for a short time" offers that I just cannot resist -- especially when they are subjects and genres that I really like to read.

I thank you for keeping us up to date on the bargains.
Sorry about that. Does it help that my TBR stack on the Kindle alone runs to that many pages (not books)?

Please ignore the post I just made about two Brian Haig books for $2 total. Would not want to contribute to the overload.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hey, there, YOU:

I just bought all three of the Fantasy novels by C.S. Marks.

These look very interesting.

Thanks.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:33 AM   #5
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Defeat the Elfhunter?

Damn, was hoping for some elf slaughter.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert