Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-24-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
AMAZING jetBook Seller Who Ships OVERSEAS and everywhere

soooo my sister wrote me an e-mail yesterday (she's studying abroad in Australia) and told me she ordered a jetBook from eBay. I told her to get it from Newegg but since they don't ship overseas she found someone who does - and gave her the same price!

so i decided to share this info with the rest of the Mobileread clan. this is the info my sister forwarded to me. there is an eBay seller by the name of "stetson777", her real name is Laura apparently and she gives discounted prices and discounted shipping overseas so anyone looking for a jetBook can now get one without the hassle of shipping it to their family first and then getting it forwarded to them

here's the link she sent me to the item or you can just search for "Ectaco jetBook" on the search tab, the only thing is to watch for the seller, i'm not sure what others offer, but "stetson777" has that shipping option.

here's the link everyone!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ECTACO-jetBook-P...#ht_631wt_1165
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
Sakura
Enthusiast
Sakura began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 & DX
Thanks

Does it come with the latest update ?
Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
Thanks

Does it come with the latest update ?
i just asked my sister and she says that it is the latest update (shes pretty tech savvy and definitely would have checked this)

you can probably ask the seller too just to make sure
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:53 PM   #4
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
It is strange why Newegg don't ship overseas. I think they loose many customers.
They sell jetBook on Canadian website newegg.ca but I'm not sure if they offer free shipping to Canada or not.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:04 AM   #5
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Not only do they not ship overseas - they won't even ship to a US address if the billing address is outside the US!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2009, 02:29 AM   #6
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
newegg doesn't ship overseas for a number of reasons including customer support, and advertising agreements. as well as product agreements from manufacturers. they deal in computer hardware and software,

Most computer hardware does not work in other countries due to power requirements,
Most software cannot be sold to other countries due to licensing agreements.

it would be too much work to deal with the multitude of problems involved with worldwide power distribution and licensing agreements, so they sell to the US only (and CA on a mirror website)
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:38 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
Most computer hardware does not work in other countries due to power requirements,
That's simply untrue. Virtually all portable devices these days use power supplies which work world-wide. The last time I personally came across a device which had a fixed-voltage charger was about 10 years ago - oddly enough it was a mobile phone!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #8
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's simply untrue. Virtually all portable devices these days use power supplies which work world-wide. The last time I personally came across a device which had a fixed-voltage charger was about 10 years ago - oddly enough it was a mobile phone!
Just to add to this. There are two issues: 1) The shape of the plug and 2) the voltage required. Many (most??) power adapters do support international voltage and you will not need a transformer. However, your plug will probably not be the right shape to fit into the outlet. You will still need an outlet converter to adapt the shape of your plug to the shape of the outlet.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:49 PM   #9
Prash
Zealot
Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3W, LG OG-E970, Utopia Apad
True. But outlet converters are easily available and very cheap too..
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:09 PM   #10
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
When I travel I carry 2-3 outlet converters based upon where I'll be going. Except for my desktop computer, every other computer-type or electronic device I have can plug into 100-240volts, 50-60 cycle wall sockets. Fortunately, I don't often travel with my desktop computer... Every international airport sells plug converters for a dollar or two.

The only thing I have plugged into a transformer is my Jet-Air oven, and that's only so I can get it hot enough for making pizza!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:42 PM   #11
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
True. But outlet converters are easily available and very cheap too..
yes, and USB port that can be used to charge cell phones and other electronic devices like ebook readers are the same in all countries
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:59 AM   #12
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wonder why electrical plugs are shaped differently for different countries? So many countries use 240v but the plugs are such different shapes! Some are really, really huge too! Anyone know a reason for this?

Stichawl
Old 07-26-2009, 05:22 AM   #13
Prash
Zealot
Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3W, LG OG-E970, Utopia Apad
Actually it just appears that many countries use the 240V as the standard voltage. In reality, there are subtle differences in the standard voltages used in line and also the frequencies in which the power is transmitted. For example most of the European countries use 230V, 50Mhz as the standard. Some of the African countries use 220, 50MHz as their standard. So eventhough the differences in voltages are not much, they still require different types of sockets. Also the sockets vary based upon the connection types, grounding preferences of a country. The result - LOT of varieties of sockets.

You can get a detailed info here if you are interested. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...nd_frequencies

Regards,
Prash
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:37 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I wonder why electrical plugs are shaped differently for different countries? So many countries use 240v but the plugs are such different shapes! Some are really, really huge too! Anyone know a reason for this?

Stichawl
Nothing but history, I suspect.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:39 AM   #15
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Actually it just appears that many countries use the 240V as the standard voltage. In reality, there are subtle differences in the standard voltages used in line and also the frequencies in which the power is transmitted. For example most of the European countries use 230V, 50Mhz as the standard. Some of the African countries use 220, 50MHz as their standard. So eventhough the differences in voltages are not much, they still require different types of sockets. Also the sockets vary based upon the connection types, grounding preferences of a country. The result - LOT of varieties of sockets.
This silly location (Japan) splits itself between 50Mhz in the northern half of the country, and 60Mhz in the south! Tokyo uses 50 cycles while Osaka uses 60.

Quote:
You can get a detailed info here if you are interested. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...nd_frequencies
Thanks for that! Another bit of delightful trivia to cram in. I love to learn these little bits of 'life' that we normally just take for granted. Now, if only I could get on a quiz game show...

Stitchawl

Tags
jetbook, overseas, shipping, sony