Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-09-2017, 11:23 PM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by genoasalami View Post
But does it fix the blank page issue?
To what are you referring as "it" in that sentence?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:37 AM   #17
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
To what are you referring as "it" in that sentence?
Probably the firmware update that is the subject of this thread?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2017, 04:20 PM   #18
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Probably the firmware update that is the subject of this thread?

Shari
If that is so, then the answer is:
No.

Some people continue to have the partial page problem even on the newest and greatest firmware version.

If you review the long thread on the partial page problem in the Developer's sub-forum here, you will find that nobody has been able to discover why some people have the problem, but not others.
So far, it seems random (or a matter of luck, either good or bad).
Old 06-10-2017, 07:21 PM   #19
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
If that is so, then the answer is:
No.

Some people continue to have the partial page problem even on the newest and greatest firmware version.

If you review the long thread on the partial page problem in the Developer's sub-forum here, you will find that nobody has been able to discover why some people have the problem, but not others.
So far, it seems random (or a matter of luck, either good or bad).
I'm one of the ones who doesn't have the problem on any of my Kindles, and I wish I knew what was different about my Kindles compared to the ones with the problem.

Shari
Old 06-10-2017, 09:32 PM   #20
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I'm one of the ones who doesn't have the problem on any of my Kindles, and I wish I knew what was different about my Kindles compared to the ones with the problem.

Shari
Or what is different about the books/documents on yours and on the ones with the trouble.

The closest so far was a two Kindle family, one with the trouble, one without.
I asked them to put the book that displayed the problem on the Kindle that did not display the problem.
But I don't recall ever seeing the result of that test posted.
Advert
Old 06-11-2017, 03:37 AM   #21
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Has anyone had the missing-text problem when reading a KFX book?

I've done a little experimenting, and I did not have the problem with KFX, but it occurs consistently for me when reading AZW3 — both AZW3s that I converted and AZW3s downloaded straight from Amazon.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:46 AM   #22
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Yes either that, or another bug with identical symptoms. I'd guess the buggy rendered-page caching code is shared.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:46 AM   #23
shalym
Wizard

Quote:

I've done a little experimenting, and I did not have the problem with KFX, but it occurs consistently for me when reading AZW3 — both AZW3s that I converted and AZW3s downloaded straight from Amazon.
I've never had it with a kfx book, but I also read a lot of AZW3 books and I haven't had it with them, either.

Shari
Old 06-12-2017, 01:07 AM   #24
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
Yes either that, or another bug with identical symptoms. I'd guess the buggy rendered-page caching code is shared.
Thanks for that info. It gives me hope. I was thinking Amazon was dismissing the bug because it only affected AZW3 and MOBI. But if it affects KFX as well, there is more hope it might get fixed. (Trying to be an optimist here )

Also, I discovered that you can make the missing text reappear by changing font size (pinch gesture), in addition to turn to the next page then going back. This would be further evidence of a rendered-page cache issue, yes?

Last edited by odamizu; 06-12-2017 at 01:11 AM.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:35 AM   #25
Elendiar
Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaskedyodeler View Post
My screensaver hack no longer works after this update.
Just reinstall it, it take few min put .bin files into mrpackageinstaller folder (reinstall usbnetwork and screensaver after any update). All hacks work after reinstalling.
Elendiar is offline   Reply With Quote