Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-08-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
JohnnySack
JohnnySack began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Travelling with the iLiad?

After reading all these nightmare stories about broken screens I'm very confused . I've bought the iliad a few days ago and I might start thinking it was a failure.
If I want to travel with the iLiad, are there any ways to be sure the iLiad´s screen don't broke? Do I need a special bag or something? Any suggestions?
JohnnySack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #2
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24800

This one will give you perfect protection.

Well I have my iLiad in this hardcover "executive" casing you can buy for it and always stuff it into my normal backpack together with my notebook and the paper books I still need through a day (yes ePaper didn't yet manage to completely replace those) Never had a problem so far. And I"m generally not gingerly with my electronic equipment.

The hardcover casing protects the iLiad well against impacts, however people say its still might be damaged by "twisting". However thats not somthing that normally happens in a backpack, or? Especially if its between other hard stuff. I never dared to take my iLiad and twist in my hands to look if its true, since it might be a 'oh, they are right, it gets broken if I do that' experience

I consider the most dangerous thing is the shoulderbag you get with the v2 iLiad, almost all "sudden breaks" without people dropping stuff on the iLiad were people taking it of the shoulderbag.

Last edited by axel77; 07-08-2008 at 03:51 PM.
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #3
JohnnySack
JohnnySack began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Wow, thankyou very much. I will give it a try. Maybe I will cover up the iLiad with some blankets in the case, I guess this will probably provide some twisting.
JohnnySack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:18 AM   #4
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
The case described in the other post is really great. No more panic feelings when I take it out of my bag after or while travelling...

It is also very lightweight.

Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote