Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-28-2014, 12:12 PM   #46
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
one of my books did not transfer (Patrick Rothfuss "A Wise Man's Fear") because they claim it is not in the Kobo store. So I searched Kobo and sure enough that book does exist and is available. So that makes no sense.
You may be dealing with two different ISBNs for the same work, which happens more often than you might think. (A common reason is georestricted content, published with one ISBN in one zone and another elsewhere. Not saying that's your situation, just an example.)
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #47
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I just got mine, tried the link, followed the instructions and then got an error message. I clicked through several screens to try and contact support and got a phone number screen. I tried the number and was on hold for ten minutes before I gave up :-(
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #48
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
35 of 44 titles transferred. Hal Spacejock didn't make it although Kobo does sell it.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #49
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Well, I got my email a couple hours ago and about 3/4 of my books transferred; of the remaining titles most were freebies and sample chapters that I don't want/need but there were 3 I wanted to transfer but didn't that Kobo does have, fortunately I already have those three already liberated and in in Calibre but it's the principle of it and having access through Kobo. And of course my iPad chose this time to not be able to find my printer so I couldn't print the list; ended up taking a blurry cell phone pic of the list for reference.

And to top it off my $35+ credit didn't transfer so I've spent the last 45 minutes or so on Kobo's live chat trying to get both issues cleared up; they were helpful to a point, I'm now waiting for Tier 2 help to contact me, sigh. No idea how long that will take.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:46 PM   #50
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I had only 8 books from Sony; 7 of them transferred. The one that didn't must've been a freebie as I don't even recognize it.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2014, 06:05 PM   #51
Sara95
Sara95 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post

And to top it off my $35+ credit didn't transfer so I've spent the last 45 minutes or so on Kobo's live chat trying to get both issues cleared up; they were helpful to a point, I'm now waiting for Tier 2 help to contact me, sigh. No idea how long that will take.

My $86 store credit didn't transfer either. I have been using email to contact Kobo and the last email I got from them said Sony was having technical issues in transferring the store credit.
Sara95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:53 PM   #52
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
I've run into a different problem: several of the books that I bought at Sony (and downloaded through Adobe there) do not have download buttons at Kobo. In many cases, that's precisely why I went to Sony for the purchase...

Granted, it's not an issue for me because I liberated the books immediately after purchase...but someone who played by the rules would be frustrated by this twist.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #53
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I still haven't received the email.

However, I opened up Reader for PC to return some library books and got a notice that the new firmware is ready - I am downloading it now.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:29 PM   #54
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Still no email for me too! Let us know how the new firmware goes please.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #55
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It took a while - first I had a 40mb download to update the Reader software; then when I connected the PRS-T1 to the computer, there was a 100mb firmware download; then the transfer of the software to the reader.

Where the Sony store buttons were on the Reader software and on the PRS-T1 there are now Kobo store buttons.

When I tried the Kobo store button on the reader, I get a screen that says "the Kobo bookstore is coming to your ereader! Until then, please shop for ebooks on kobo.com with your computer, phone or tablet. Sync your ereader to add any new purchases to your library".

Last edited by 4691mls; 03-28-2014 at 08:24 PM. Reason: correct k to mb
Old 03-28-2014, 08:10 PM   #56
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Hmm, no e-mail for me. My Sony library software for Windows is an old version and it's on a NetBook I don't even power up that often. I think just out of curiosity I'll power up the NetBook and see what the Sony software decides to do when it comes to the store. I don't use my PRS 650 much anymore but I do like it for camping trips. Well, I'll see how it goes...
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:07 AM   #57
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
Does direct library access and download to the Sony Reader through Overdrive still work after downloading the new software? My husband still has a working T-1 and getting library books are a major priority with him.

Plumadona
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #58
13xforever
Connoisseur
13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H₂O & iPad Pro 2020 12.9"
Quote:
171 of 175 ebooks have been moved to your Kobo Library
Including $5 credit and all the books from The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss. The only notable omission is Operation Haystack by Frank Herbert.

And now I have to use VPN just to be able access my books. And I can't add my CC. Not sure if they deliberately decline it or it's just a temporary problems with their billing.
13xforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:04 AM   #59
4691mls
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumadona View Post
Does direct library access and download to the Sony Reader through Overdrive still work after downloading the new software? My husband still has a working T-1 and getting library books are a major priority with him.

Plumadona
I went to the library website on the T1 and was able to access my account as usual. I currently have my full quota of books so I was not able to try downloading a new one.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:05 AM   #60
4691mls
Wizard

Still no email for me. I wonder how much longer this is going to take.