Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #1156
eng.tarekeisa
Enthusiast
eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: papaer white
Kual PW2

hey
after I jailbroken the device .
I tried to put Kual 2
and I put ( KindleLauncher-2.0.azw2 ) in document folder
and the ( KUAL.cfg ) file in root
and I got this message in kindle
( this device is not authorized as kindle by the developer of this item . please contact the developer ))

how can I solve this problem ??
thx
eng.tarekeisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #1157
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Install the prerequisites package.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #1158
eng.tarekeisa
Enthusiast
eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

thx
I will install
Old 11-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #1159
eng.tarekeisa
Enthusiast

where can I find prerequisites for PW2 ??
I have searched here but I couldn't find it
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203326
Old 11-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #1160
eng.tarekeisa
Enthusiast

Sorry I found it in K5
Advert
Old 12-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #1161
Leibtek
Leibtek is faster than slow light.Leibtek is faster than slow light.Leibtek is faster than slow light.Leibtek is faster than slow light.Leibtek is faster than slow light.Leibtek is faster than slow light.Leibtek is faster than slow light.Leibtek is faster than slow light.Leibtek is faster than slow light.Leibtek is faster than slow light.Leibtek is faster than slow light.

Device: K2i (B003)
******UPDATE: The author was so kind to pm me that if the device is not registered, this would be the normal behavior. Thanks! *****

Hi,

I need a bit of help here.

I have a Kindle K2i (B003), and I'm trying to get KUAL working for me.

Although I did manage to get KUAL working, after exiting KUAL, I would get the "...not registered as a Test Kindle..." error upon trying to reopen KUAL a second time.

My install was not easy sailing, and here is what I've done.
  1. Installed the jaibreak file.
  2. Installed the prerequisites
  3. Copied the KUAL file
  4. Got a error about "permissions being invalid date".
  5. Installed usbNetworking.
  6. Fixed the date via telnet
  7. Now KUAL would load.

After I open KUAL and exit, I must reinstall the prerequisites to reopen KUAL again. In other words I can only load KUAL once.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Leibtek

Last edited by Leibtek; 12-11-2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Received answer via PM.
Leibtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:17 AM   #1162
tictoctoe
tictoctoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Is there anyone else having problems launching KUAL since the new year started?

KUAL (and Cool Reader 3, launched using cr3runner) are both getting stuck on a blank screen after launching and nothing happens.

Here is the crash.log :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[1/2/14 10:38 AM] KUAL (v. 2.0)

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Cannot allocate memory
at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.LauncherKindle t.longStart(Unknown Source)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.LauncherKindle t.access$000(Unknown Source)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.LauncherKindle t$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Invocation Event.java:152)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java: 607)
at java.awt.EventQueueProxy.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(EventDispatchThread.java:351)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEvent(Compiled Method)(EventDispatchThread.java:164)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Compiled Method)(EventDispatchThread.java:154)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispa tchThread.java:149)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThre ad.java:134)
at java.lang.Thread.startup(Compiled Method)(Thread.java:1066)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Cannot allocate memory
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:140)
at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:635)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:552)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.Util.execute(U nknown Source)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.LauncherKindle t.runParser(Unknown Source)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.LauncherKindle t.initializeState(Unknown Source)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.LauncherKindle t.longStart(Unknown Source)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.LauncherKindle t.access$000(Unknown Source)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.LauncherKindle t$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Invocation Event.java:152)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java: 607)
at java.awt.EventQueueProxy.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(EventDispatchThread.java:351)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEvent(Compiled Method)(EventDispatchThread.java:164)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Compiled Method)(EventDispatchThread.java:154)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispa tchThread.java:149)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThre ad.java:134)
at java.lang.Thread.startup(Compiled Method)(Thread.java:1066)
tictoctoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:31 AM   #1163
tictoctoe
tictoctoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Ok, false alarm, I restarted my Kindle and it seems to be working again.

However, this is the very first time I have had an issue launching either KUAL or CR3 (both of which I have been using for over a year now) and I'm noticing the Kindle is sluggish even after a restart. Could I have some memory leak somewhere?
tictoctoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #1164
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
Been using Kual without any problems since I installed it on my PW2 a few months back.
Only trouble is that after a reboot I get the following when I first open it (only the first time though).

Error
An error occurred while trying to open this item. If the problem
persists, please contact kindle Cystomer Service at
www.kindle.com/support
Close
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #1165
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@nypaulie: Yup, it's probably hitting the 5s timeout because the CPU is busy churning around for the indexer/catalog, and everything's cold cache-wise [plus, KUAL's parser always does a full run after a cold boot, since the cache lives in a tmpfs]. FWIW, happens on every device out there if you have a large enough collection of books and/or extensions folder.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #1166
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
@nypaulie Aye, confirmed, mines been doing that since the year dot. mild annoyance. I believe I listed it in Known Issues sometime last year. Under "won't fix", might revisit that at some point.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #1167
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@twobob: Might be able to somewhat workaround it by storing the cache somewhere in /usr/local instead of /tmp.

Switching to gawk also helps, FWIW.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #1168
stealthpumpkin
stealthpumpkin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 v4.1.1
I seem to be having a problem installing the prerequisites. Originally I jailbroke my device about a month ago, installed usbnet and a couple other little fun things for myself, i wanted to install KUAL today. The prerequisites would not install under error u007 (bad signature i think).

So, thinking it was something I did. I resorted to going back to Factory Defaults, then jailbreaking again. Jailbroke fine, got my little "You are jailbroken message" then tried to install the bin again, with no avail. u007 error still

Any help would be marvelous. I'm not sure what to do at this point.
stealthpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #1169
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Which jailbreak file did you use, and which prereq file?
Old 01-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #1170
stealthpumpkin
stealthpumpkin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 v4.1.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Which jailbreak file did you use, and which prereq file?
Prereq file: update_kindlet-dev-20130710-k4-ALL_install.bin
Jailbreak: kindle-k4-jailbreak-1.6.N; installed with data.tar.gz and diagnostic screen

~Thanks, Joe
stealthpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified