Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
jayaitch
jayaitch began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Calibre ebook viewer

There are vertical bar characters ( | ) randomly throughout every ebook I when I use the built-in ebook viewer. There are no | characters when reading books on the nook.
Any idea?
jayaitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayaitch View Post
There are vertical bar characters ( | ) randomly throughout every ebook I when I use the built-in ebook viewer. There are no | characters when reading books on the nook.
Any idea?
Those are not bars... They are slugs. You have a character encoding (declaration) of font that does not support the character.

A Slug is what you see when type is set wrong end up

If you look, it is wider than a |

If you can identify the character(s), you could try a different font/fix the code page setting in the book
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click preferences in the viewer and turn off hyphenation.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:53 PM   #4
jayaitch
jayaitch began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Thanks for the replies!
De-selecting hyphenate solved the problem!
Thank you.
jayaitch is offline   Reply With Quote