Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
mitsygirl
mitsygirl began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Nook

Hi All,

I got a Nook for Christmas. Despite many attempts I have not been successful with being able to download anything. I live in canada but they keep saying they need a US address. I have sent 2 e-mails to Barns and Noble and still have not been able to download. Any ideas?
mitsygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Can't help with the B&N problem, but perhaps you can get ebooks from borders and/or Kobo. From what I understand neither one really cares if you are in the US or Canada.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsygirl View Post
Hi All,

I got a Nook for Christmas. Despite many attempts I have not been successful with being able to download anything. I live in canada but they keep saying they need a US address. I have sent 2 e-mails to Barns and Noble and still have not been able to download. Any ideas?
Most books at B&N are US-only. Only a small number are available for Canada.

The simple workaround is to register your B&N account with an US Address as shipping and billing address (the billing address is not verified at your credit card company, so this will work fine).
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Hi All,

Although there are workarounds, the nook is nominally US only. Can you exchange it for a Kobo or Kindle?
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #5
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
You can also keep yourself busy with sideloaded books from our site as well as from places like Project Gutenburg.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #6
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
Quote:
Hi All,

@mitsygirl

you should have asked on the nook forum as this has been discussed many times in the past

checkout this thread, it should answer all your questions
cick here to read thread
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:37 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Mitsy. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote