Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
My Books Greyed out

hmm.. seemed to have hit a new problem today.. I just did a wireless sync and the one sideloaded book I had been reading disapeared from the "I'm reading" list, leaving two purchased books.

When I went to my main book list, the preloaded books were back (I had previously hidden them), a handfull of the sideloaded epub's were gone (although most were still there). I checked the display settings and noted that it had gone to all Books and that My Books is now greyed out.

I tried Power cycled and no change. tried to re-sync again and now I show no books found....very disconcerning....

Update: Just tried to re-sync again and the books came back, including the first set of sideloaded books (and the one I was reading is showing up in the I'm reading section), however the My Books option is still greyed out...

2nd Update - after trying to remove all sideloaded epubs (no effect), and hitting the reset button (no effect), I reset the unit to factory specs and that seemed to have fixed the problem.. just hope I don't have to do this on a regular basis... having to re-enter multiple passwords is a pain

Last edited by Psyke; 10-26-2010 at 01:10 PM. Reason: updated:
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote