Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Removing spots from Cole Haan cover?

Hey, everyone:

I recently bought the beautiful and expensive Cole Haan cover for $100 - worth it, for me.

However, I recently placed the Kindle 2 on my kitchen table and there must have been some liquid (water? juice?) on the table, and now there are two annoying, small dark spots that have dried and now remain on the back side of the Haan cover.

Does anyone know of a way to remove these spots?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I'm not sure, but I would highly recommend emailing Cole Haan for advice. Their customer service is out of this world. They take great pride in their leather and should be able to direct you.

I wish they had made them for Sony, I would totally have bought one. I spend enough money with them
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:10 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's a good idea, and one I hadn't thought of. I'll go ahead send them an email.

Thanks,
Don
Old 08-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
I know the Oberon people only recommend a product called Cadillac Leather Lotion for their covers. IMO though Cole Haan would be the best source...and post what they say as I have a pair of Cole Haan shoes I'd love to spiffy up.
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:37 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Well, guess what? The two spots have finally dried, after about a week. It must have been condensation or a spot of water on the kitchen table. Here in Peru it's very humid in the Winter, with a lot of dampness in the air, which may explain why it took a week for the spots to dry. I'm just glad it was water, and didn't leave a mark on this beautiful cover.

Miraculous!

Don
Old 08-18-2009, 05:02 AM   #6
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Happy days!
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:28 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Well, guess what? The two spots have finally dried, after about a week. It must have been condensation or a spot of water on the kitchen table. Here in Peru it's very humid in the Winter, with a lot of dampness in the air, which may explain why it took a week for the spots to dry. I'm just glad it was water, and didn't leave a mark on this beautiful cover.

Miraculous!

Don
Glad your cover has recovered
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks, everyone!

Don