Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Updating books through wi-fi on kindle keyboard

Does anyone know if any of the alteranate OS, or the official one support something like this?

I follow many stories on fanfiction.net, and have conversion scripts for them.

What I am looking for is when one of the stories gets a new chapter, it recreates the mobi, and emails it to the kindle. Right now, I would assume that it creates a new document with the same name.

Does anyone know of a system or something in place to actually update the books?

Thanks for any thoughts you may have.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:49 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
This sounds like something that calibre might be able to do. But I haven't checked to see if it actually can do this.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
shove an scp call at the end of your script and push them to the device?

You don't mention the operating system... Assuming linux:

scp /path/to/output/comicName.mobi /mnt/us/documents/comicName.mobi

then cause an index update via ssh

ssh root@kindleIP "dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1"

Ref: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99746

It would pop to the top as "updated" assuming you sort by recency.

JB required.

(You might want to add Kindle Keyboard to your devices list)

Last edited by twobob; 04-09-2013 at 09:12 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. I wa sure that the last time I tried, it ended up putting two copies of the file on the kindle. Do you know if there's something in the file that needs to be set?
Old 04-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

if they are identically named it will not put two copies on there.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
coplate
Guru

I just noticed that you were talking about scp instead of e-mail.

I have never looked too deep into jailbreaking it, I'm stock right now.

Based on what I've seen so far, the wi-fi turns off when in screensaver, what are your thoughts on SCPing when the device is like that.

This script would be running on my NAS box, checking the RSS, and I won;t necessarily have the kindle connected all the time.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #7
twobob

Assuming a sleep state: I would setup a service on the server.

Create service element that checks for external content and delivers processed files to an "outbox"

Create second service element that allows for a "connect back" from the kindle and delivers waiting files in outbox.

Create simple script attached to "wake up " event on kindle to attempt polling the NAS service.

You have the devices, know the final processes you wish to be undertaken, and all the event structures are already in place. Solution is half-way there. Little bit of coding and you are golden.

I would do that.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:52 AM   #8
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
shove an scp call at the end of your script and push them to the device?

You don't mention the operating system... Assuming linux:

scp /path/to/output/comicName.mobi /mnt/us/documents/comicName.mobi

then cause an index update via ssh

ssh root@kindleIP "dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1"

Ref: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99746

It would pop to the top as "updated" assuming you sort by recency.

JB required.

(You might want to add Kindle Keyboard to your devices list)
supersmart bob!
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction.net, kindle3, wi-fi