Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #16
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
I was about to ask why you didn't format it in the device... but of course you would need a working device to do that so I am glad I didn't ask... I know I formatted my card every which way in vista wouldn't work... until I formatted it in the device it is appears to be a fat disk but it uses it's own segment size etc although it loads without a problem when I plug it into the pc.... my disk doc. software doesn't run under vista so I can't check the detail
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:22 AM   #17
Ashen
Ashen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
I'm with you on that.

I cannot understand why people take a perfectly good working reader and then risk bricking the device by hacking the OS. And when it all goes wrong - as it has done for a great number of people - they seem surprised.

If you want all the extra bits and pieces why not just buy a tablet device.
because sometimes things arent exactly as you want them, i am fed up with having to scroll through all the books in my library to browse books starting M (for example) i want the letters down the side (like on my old PRS600) thats the only change i want, which is quite a reasonable one, but can i do it without rooting/modding???

i dont want a tablet, i want an ereader with a well arranged library!
Ashen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #18
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen View Post
because sometimes things arent exactly as you want them, i am fed up with having to scroll through all the books in my library to browse books starting M (for example) i want the letters down the side (like on my old PRS600) thats the only change i want, which is quite a reasonable one, but can i do it without rooting/modding???

Do you find it too troublesome using the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen (the one that comes up when you tap the bottom of the screen) when in Books, Collections, etc views?

For myself, I find that real easy and quick; gets straight to the book title for me.

Last edited by AnotherCat; 08-07-2012 at 10:45 PM.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:39 AM   #19
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen View Post

It's your choice, I know, but it seems to me that the risks of messing up your machine by rooting far out way any advantage you may gain by doing so.

I don't have a T1 but from what AnotherCat has said it appears there is a way of scrolling through the list without doing anything.

Also have you considered keeping fewer books on your T1? Personally I only ever read one book at a time and consequently only have a limited number on my 650. When I've read a few I remove those and load a few more - I can see all my books on one page. No need to scroll through long lists.

I think what amazes me most though is that people, like yourself, who do root their devices seem surprised when it all goes wrong.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:42 AM   #20
Ashen
Ashen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it isAshen knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
It's your choice, I know, but it seems to me that the risks of messing up your machine by rooting far out way any advantage you may gain by doing so.

I don't have a T1 but from what AnotherCat has said it appears there is a way of scrolling through the list without doing anything.

Also have you considered keeping fewer books on your T1? Personally I only ever read one book at a time and consequently only have a limited number on my 650. When I've read a few I remove those and load a few more - I can see all my books on one page. No need to scroll through long lists.

I think what amazes me most though is that people, like yourself, who do root their devices seem surprised when it all goes wrong.
i didnt know that you could double-click to get the scroll bar, but would still like an alpha list, to get to books in that way

of course its not a suprise when things go wrong, i have rooted many devices before, and they have worked and i am quite comfortable and not suprising if something goes wrong, i dont know why people have to get quite so agressive in their posting style (maybe its not meant to be, but thats how it come across to me)

i dont have a lot of books on my device, i have come down from around 800 to about 300, i dont know what i want to read next, so i like my books on there, its a personal preference thing i think, and now i know about the scroll bar, i will use that,

are there any other tricks?
Ashen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boot, opening book, problem, prs-t1