Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
Unhappy So the Nook is all messed up...

Okay guys, I dropped my Nook STR earlier today and then it kind of cracked open a bit at the bottom. Unable to shut it back properly too, and the plastic is all warped.

Just tried to load some books, but I can't insert the cable! Apparently the drop must have messed up the connection.

I tried opening the Nook up again but it wouldn't budge. FRUSTRATING!

This means I can no longer charge the Nook, and ugh, do not possess the financial means to purchase a new one currently.

Please let me know if the Nook STR can be opened up!

Also, it has been freezing on me every 4-20 pages or so on sideloaded books; is it nearing the end of its life? Disappointed...

p/s: It is past its one-year warranty.

Last edited by Ryvyan; 06-26-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Sorry to hear about your nook!

This youtube video shows a Nook Glow getting opened up - it is probably similar to the Nook touch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbDEIb6oJ7c

You might look around on youtube for other videos, too.

You might also keep your eyes open for some bargain nooks - the last one I purchased was $65 on Ebay from B&N - it was a refurb.
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryvyan View Post
p/s: It is past its one-year warranty.
Call B&N anyway. I know Amazon is very liberal about repair issues...maybe B&N will be equally eager to keep you in the ecosystem.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #4
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
Ok my dad fixed it for me by pushing away the warped plastic that was covering the port on the Nook.

jasoraso, thanks for the video! For some reason I fast forwarded through that and did not see the 'cracking open' bit lol. Anyway I did not have the correct screwdriver so was stuck.

THANKS DADs OF THE WORLD!

Now just hoping the battery would be less crazy.
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
maxiart
The Black-Hearted
maxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the husk

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Call B&N anyway. I know Amazon is very liberal about repair issues...maybe B&N will be equally eager to keep you in the ecosystem.

ApK
From what I've heard regarding B&N customer service... seems rather far-fetched, alas.

Anyway, good thing the op found a solution, and yeah, fathers are awesome.
maxiart is offline   Reply With Quote