Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
larka
larka began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Manual update to Ermine (BETA)

From Entourageedge.com website posted yesterday. They are not letting us down! https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=265

Manual update to Ermine (BETA!)

Article

1. Download the Ermine Update file for edge or pocket edge.
eDGe 2.0 http://www.entourageedge.com/updates...zip.ermine-0.9
Pocket http://www.entourageedge.com/updates...zip.ermine-0.9
2. Rename the file to "update.zip"
3. Place this file in the root (not a subdirectory) of a USB stick
4. Verify your edge/pocket is OFF.
5. Insert the USB stick into a USB port on the device.
6. While holding down the MENU and ROTATE buttons on the LCD side of the device, press the power key.
7. Continue to hold the MENU and ROTATE keys down for 10 seconds. 8. After 1-2 minutes you should see an "Updating software" splash screen.
13. After ~15 minutes the device will reboot and will be running the Ermine BETA build.

Article Details
Article ID: 265Created On: 02 Jun 2011 5:00 PM
larka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
either that, or they're saying that they will be taking down the update.zip's from their servers(thus breaking their update app) and wanted to let users know how to do it manually...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
larka

They already did... My back up still running, and update.zips started to download on May 31, but then reverted to 1 kb as placeholder on June 01. There is no way to register and run update directly from Edge. last time I done it (coincidentally, it was May 28). BTW the golden.update.zip still available through KB
https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=263
Old 06-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
North19
Enthusiast
North19 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage eDGe, pocket eDGe, kindle
Thank you thank you thank you, Larka... that is exactly what I was looking for: the official golden download file. I googled for it but couldn't find it.
North19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Just to confirm, that's the Ermine Beta that we already have, right? It's not some new version?
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #6
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Just to confirm, that's the Ermine Beta that we already have, right? It's not some new version?
It says .9, which is the version that has been out at least since I got my PE a few weeks ago, probably longer as well... I would hope they would change the file name if they had a newer version...
Old 06-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #7
larka

It is probably the same update.zip for Beta, but I downloaded a file from link posted here by mrlanrat on 5/24/11 and the one from entourage today. Both files about 1 Mb smaller now...
Old 06-04-2011, 12:12 AM   #8
geckoFeet
Resident Reptile
geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.

Device: entourage edge
I put eNtourAgE's versions of all of these (pocket + edge; golden + ermine - four files) on http://dustyfeet.com/edge if it's more convenient to download from there.
geckoFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:22 AM   #9
geneven1
Enthusiast
geneven1 began at the beginning.

Device: P. Edge, Kindle, N800-810-900
I've already updated to Ermine, but what exactly does "golden" mean? I've been assuming it means Dingo final.
geneven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #10
geckoFeet
Resident Reptile
geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.

Device: entourage edge
That's correct; Golden = Dingo final. The metallurgy of this is obscure, however.
geckoFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #11
emusan
lol

I think golden also implies that it has all the files required by the system and is used to replace whatever is on the eDGe(meaning you can use it to downgrade as well)
Old 06-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #12
tylj05
tylj05 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Okay, so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. I followed these instructions to the T and nothing happens on the Pocket Edge side. It just boots up as normal without any indication that an update is taking place. Any suggestions to get this upgrade to take? Thanks in advance.
tylj05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #13
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylj05 View Post
Okay, so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. I followed these instructions to the T and nothing happens on the Pocket Edge side. It just boots up as normal without any indication that an update is taking place. Any suggestions to get this upgrade to take? Thanks in advance.
did you get the screen saying that its updating after holding down the buttons indicated?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #14
tylj05

No I got nothin'
Old 06-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #15
tylj05

I'm going to try it again right now. Crossing by fingers and toes this time.