Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-22-2023, 01:39 PM   #1
FishSticks
FishSticks began at the beginning.

Device: n289
Trying to resurrect an N289...ugh

Does anyone have an internal SD card image for an N289 and/or update files? Mine is on 1.4.something. I have Googled around looking for the files, but all firmwares/images I have found seem to start at mark 3. Any help would be appreciated!
FishSticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 01:02 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You need to ask in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=355778 and not a separate thread.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2023, 02:29 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You need to ask in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=355778 and not a separate thread.
Jon, he already asked in that thread and got the answer that I do not have an image for an Kobo N289 Wifi.

I was just sent a copy of an image that is supposed to be for the N289 and will send the link to FishSticks for testing.

Last edited by DNSB; 10-23-2023 at 02:34 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 01:50 AM   #4
FishSticks
FishSticks began at the beginning.

Device: n289
Well, messing around with the sdcard image i have left after the borked update i got it to the point where it wants an upgrade file. Anyone have one stashed away? Model is N289. Or Kobo wifi. Or kobo2...or mark 2. They used a very confusing naming scheme in the beginning. Thanks all!
FishSticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 01:16 PM   #5
Szybet
Connoisseur
Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo nia
If it's forcing you to provide the update file, just provide an empty one. Or modify the update script somewhere in /etc to dont do anything after update.

Well if you can't figure it out and you are technical and like linux you could port inkbox to the device
Szybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
giggity, help please, image request, n289, sos