Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-22-2023, 12:51 AM   #166
diabl0w
Connoisseur
diabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enough

Device: Max3
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman52 View Post
Hi all, perhaps someone can help me completing the sequence... since I am a bit confused.

I try to summarize what I have done so far:
- Max 3 updated to latest OTA
- download TWRP_Max3_unofficial.img from link on first post of this thread
- download update.upx from generated link http://data.onyx-international.cn/ap...ngerprint":""}
- extract update.zip from update.upx using tool from github https://github.com/Hagb/decryptBooxUpdateUpx
- Install magisk app from google play
- copy update.zip to device, and patch with magisk
- copy to pc patched update.zip
- enable usb debugging on your device, and run "adb reboot bootloader"
- ensure your bootloader is unlocked ("fastboot flashing unlock")
- flash twrp ("fastboot flash recovery TWRP_Max3_unofficial.img") and reboot to system -> not sure this worked since when rebooted to recovery, I found onyx recovery
- download magisk.apk and rename to magisk.zip ?
- Boot into recovery (instructions below) and flash magisk.zip -> never got to this
- flashboot boot boot.img from patched update.zip -> device rebooted to system

I would really appreciate if someone could help me to get this sequence right.
Almost none of the things you listed are in the instructions in the OP. why dont you follow the instructions and then ask for help.
diabl0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 07:53 AM   #167
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Thanks, @diabl0w
I was scratching my head too trying to figure out what and why they were doing.

Stock Android often regenerates stock recovery behind your back.
Code:
/system/bin/install-recovery.sh
/system/recovery-from-boot.p
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert