Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-12-2016, 04:41 AM   #61
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
all i can say is, amazon a-to-z guarantee
Hi,

I'm not a user of Amazon, so my questioning is a 'newbee' questioning for myself.

I understand that Amazon has some guaranties in the commercial parts, but what about the quality of the vendor in a long term view, his support ? or about what we can call "warranty" in Europe ? I don't know, so I ask it : if I buy a device in China when I pass my order from France, can I keep the two years of warranty ?

Keep in the mind, that I don't use Amazon - yes it's possible
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:24 AM   #62
deb2016
Enthusiast
deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox Max2 pro
Hello,

Between ereader-store.de (Germany) and amazon (China) I think one may also consider the packaging quality. Indeed, a 13" ereader may probably easily be broken (even if well built).

So I am better confident in ereader-store.de which uses UPS and seems to have a good after sale service than in amazon, known to make relatively cheap packaging, and over a longer travel.

Regards
deb2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2016, 12:08 PM   #63
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Concerning offer from seller on Amazon please be aware:

1. Amazon is just a marketplace. Every seller on Amazon has own conditions regarding warranty, support etc.. E.g. warranty of seller from China would be just one year. In EU we have to offer two years of seller's warranty.
2. The price displayed in offer of Lancer Tech. on Amazon is net price in China. You would have to pay import taxes and VAT (up to 27% for EU customers) of your country additionally
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 10:28 AM   #64
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post

1. Amazon is just a marketplace. Every seller on Amazon has own conditions regarding warranty, support etc.. E.g. warranty of seller from China would be just one year. In EU we have to offer two years of seller's warranty.
2. The price displayed in offer of Lancer Tech. on Amazon is net price in China. You would have to pay import taxes and VAT (up to 27% for EU customers) of your country additionally
Thanks Booxtor fot the light on this subject.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:21 AM   #65
oranges
Enthusiast
oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Onyx Boox N96 & Max2
latest video for Good Ereader is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWQmLszu_mI

Onyx Boox Max owners -- can you comment on comparisons of speeds and rendering?
oranges is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2016, 09:33 AM   #66
xtech
Zealot
xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony DPT-RP1, Ipad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
latest video for Good Ereader is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWQmLszu_mI

Onyx Boox Max owners -- can you comment on comparisons of speeds and rendering?
I wonder about the quality of the page rendering after 4.10, some blueish/greish spots, accross the whole screen, very visible, and enlarged after zooming in.
xtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:59 AM   #67
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:

Ok but...do you have any news about the many model's presence in your warehouse shop?
Will Onyx send you N96s/I86 before summer ?

I had to switch back to physical books ...
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:09 AM   #68
shards_x
shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtech View Post
I wonder about the quality of the page rendering after 4.10, some blueish/greish spots, accross the whole screen, very visible, and enlarged after zooming in.
Hmm, I wouldn't be so concerned about that particular detail. It looks like he's viewing a PDF with the ezPDF app, and the PDF itself has a patterned background.
shards_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:01 PM   #69
Peter Silie
Peter Silie began at the beginning.

Device: sony digital paper
Not sure if i should switch from Sony DTP-S1 to onyx Max.
I had a m96 before and really liked the andriod support. Using apps like dropbox, wolframalpha etc. and being able to write texts with a bluetooth keyboard is a huge advantage.
My biggest problem with the Max is the weight. When i recived my DTP-S1 i was amazed how light it is. But 50% more weight for the Max is big difference, if you use it alot in bus and train and hold it with only one hand.
goodreader is no option for me right now, cause from canada to germany the additional costs from taxes and shippings are just to high.

Last edited by Peter Silie; 05-16-2016 at 03:59 PM.
Peter Silie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:42 PM   #70
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Silie View Post
goodreader is no option for me right now, cause from canada to germany the additional costs from taxes and shippings are just to high.
Being in Canada, the GoodEreader should be an option for me, but it isn't. At least, not at the moment.

First of all, there is the problem of reputation... Can they really deliver on their promises?

Think I will wait until there are some independent reviews of their device before I consider it. Even then, the questionable specs of the device they are promoting would make me balk at the price.

At the moment, their device is just too limited for the kind of money which they are asking people to drop. I would definitely want to be able to hook it up to an external keyboard which you can't.

I also worry about the limited RAM and the limited internal memory on it. How would that affect performance if one were installing apps? I could be mistaken, but I don't believe that Android 4.0.4 allows you to transfer apps to the microSD card. 4GB doesn't sound like it would allow you to install many apps at all, considering that the OS will consume a chunk of that memory.

So yeah, I think I will wait until there are some independent reviews and until they put out a second generation device with improved specs. Just wish there were something else in the Canadian market as ordering from elsewhere jacks up the price with shipping and duty charges.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:49 PM   #71
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Silie View Post
My biggest problem with the Max is the weight. When i recived my DTP-S1 i was amazed how light it is. But 50% more weight for the Max is big difference, if you use it alot in bus and train and hold it with only one hand.
Maybe this post will help you to put it into some context. While admittedly heavier than both Good e-Reader and Sony, at 490g 13.3" Max is lighter than 9.7" M96, 9" Nook, and way lighter than 9.7" iPad.
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:06 PM   #72
Xen
Connoisseur
Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle

Last edited by Xen; 08-22-2018 at 04:08 PM.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 01:34 PM   #73
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

Is not that VAT example you give the same as if purchased from you, as well?

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:16 PM   #74
Xen
Connoisseur
Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle

Last edited by Xen; 08-22-2018 at 04:08 PM.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:18 AM   #75
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xen View Post
But that whole pirated-by-Onyx OS thing is definitely giving me pause.
Is there anyone that gives the source code to their complete system? I suspect that, if you're waiting for that, you will never buy an ereader.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote