Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-06-2016, 12:16 AM   #1
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & iPad Air2
Question Trouble Making a Table of Contents?

I been trying to make a table of contents but I keep getting this error. NO items were found that could be added to the table of contents but it has all the major heading with green checks beside them so why isn't it making the TOC?
KayLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:57 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayLee View Post
I been trying to make a table of contents but I keep getting this error. NO items were found that could be added to the table of contents but it has all the major heading with green checks beside them so why isn't it making the TOC?
A screen shot please (of the ticked items)
I'm thinking that message is a red herring. It can't find any MORE items.

Those (ticked items) ARE the TOC items for the NCX
once that is done,
you could ALSO create an inline TOC (that uses the NCX as the basis).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2016, 11:03 AM   #3
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay this is what I'm getting you see all the heading are there but it won't create a TOC.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:34 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Okay this is what I'm getting you see all the heading are there but it won't create a TOC.
But it is already there.
What did you click to get that message?
Old 03-06-2016, 11:52 AM   #5
KayLee
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
But it is already there.
But this book doesn't have a TOC inside it

Quote:
What did you click to get that message?
I went to edit book then I click on the TOC button at the top that pops out the window with the chapters and green checks after that I hit (Generate ToC from major heading) and that's when I get the error message.
Advert
Old 03-06-2016, 12:15 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
But this book doesn't have a TOC inside it

I went to edit book then I click on the TOC button at the top that pops out the window with the chapters and green checks after that I hit (Generate ToC from major heading) and that's when I get the error message.
That message just says 'there are no more than what you already have'
Old 03-06-2016, 12:52 PM   #7
KayLee
Zealot

So what do I do now?
Old 03-06-2016, 01:28 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
So what do I do now?
I don't understand.
Nothing is wrong.
You have a TOC with those items.

What do you want?
Old 03-06-2016, 02:07 PM   #9
KayLee
Zealot

How do I get it to put that ToC in the book?
Old 03-06-2016, 02:26 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
How do I get it to put that ToC in the book?
IT IS already in the book (as the NCX, which is the normal EPUB TOC).
Since you list Calibre as your reader (viewer), click the horizontal bars on the toolbar

If you want a HTML TOC PAGE, use the ebook-editor (avoids other conversion artifacts)
Tools: Table of Contents: Insert Inline Table of Contents.

Move the file toc.xhtml (defaults at the top of the list) to the desired location in the file list
SAVE

That is it
Old 03-06-2016, 03:07 PM   #11
KayLee
Zealot

Talking

Quote:
Since you list Calibre as your reader (viewer), click the horizontal bars on the toolbar
No I have a Nook and an iPad now so I need to have the ToC as a page

Quote:
If you want a HTML TOC PAGE, use the ebook-editor (avoids other conversion artifacts)
Tools: Table of Contents: Insert Inline Table of Contents.

Move the file toc.xhtml (defaults at the top of the list) to the desired location in the file list
SAVE

That is it
Finally got my ToC that's what I was looking for!