Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-04-2016, 05:33 AM   #46
espinosa00011
Enthusiast
espinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the rough

Device: None
Hello Randy,

I know Onyx personalize the devices. I bought a M90 from artatech with a particular TTS that I have never used because the voice was not in spanish nor in english, it was in polish. But the nederland store provides full informaticion on the device clicking the "extra info" buton. And that information is "understandable" even in dutch.

For instance there is a M96C with touch and 512MB of RAM and a M96C Pluz with 85Hz screen and 1GB de RAM. And there is also a "normal" M96 and a M96 plus with stilus. You can further choose the type of "pen" the smaller and the bigger with rubber.

I found the store interesting. Please enter and have a look.

And the software is Android 4.0. A personalization can be including a particular application but I suppose it will not change a lot.

Hi Randy. I hope the store will answer about N96ML and 13.3 model.

Best regards,
espinosa00011
espinosa00011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:47 AM   #47
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by espinosa00011 View Post
Hello,

The Thai store shows the final Price, according to google translation.
I supposse the translation is right.
In the Google translation I do not see anything about a "final price". I don't know how you can "suppose the translation is right" if there is no information about that.

Maybe you can point me to where this is written. It's also not obvious to me that Thai VAT is included. In the US and many other countries you only see the final price at checkout when you purchase the item.
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2016, 05:34 PM   #48
espinosa00011
Enthusiast
espinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
In the Google translation I do not see anything about a "final price". I don't know how you can "suppose the translation is right" if there is no information about that.

Maybe you can point me to where this is written. It's also not obvious to me that Thai VAT is included. In the US and many other countries you only see the final price at checkout when you purchase the item.

I have the answer from the Nederland store with the price of N96ML and 13.3 model and the estimated availability but since you are really interested in buying in Booxtor store. Feel free to buy there. Or alternatively ask to that store as I did.

I do not need to point anything and I do not understand you. Yes ereader-store will have low profits with the 13.3 models as Booxtor said, it should be "a not profit orgatization" and the aim is to improve the reading skills in Europe.

Best regards.
espinosa00011.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:59 AM   #49
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Quote:
I have the answer from the Nederland store with the price of N96ML and 13.3 model and the estimated availability but since you are really interested in buying in Booxtor store. Feel free to buy there. Or alternatively ask to that store as I did.
So what's the answer, you said you will post it? I am quite curious about the price they quoted you.

Also, I don't actually want to buy either of the devices and I don't really care what ereader-store.de charges in particular. It just seems that you are not aware of what “final price” means. There is a difference between Net Price and Net Price + VAT.

In the US many companies do not write the final price, only the net price. In Europe, comanies have to write the final price. And Thailand - I don't know. You claim it's the final price, but you have shown no proof.

Quote:
it should be "a not profit orgatization" and the aim is to improve the reading skills in Europe
I have not read any such statement from booxtor. Where has he said that? Don't know why you keep writing bad things about the company or the person. Really weird.

Last edited by mSSM; 03-08-2016 at 05:02 AM.
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:26 PM   #50
Nossy23
Nossy23 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
So what's the answer, you said you will post it? I am quite curious about the price they quoted you.
I asked the store in Holland too. Price will be 695 Euro (VAT included) for the Onyx Boox Max, and 399 Euro for the N96. Shipping is a few euros cheaper for me (to Belgium) compared to the store in Germany. But the difference in price is so small, I would say go for whatever store gives you the best service.

Also, I confirm they might be doing a pre order promo (whatever that means, could just be a bundle with a discount on the extras).
Nossy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2016, 02:50 PM   #51
Naimi
Naimi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hello guys
I already placed a preorder for Onyx N96ML, However I'm wondering if the Android version will be 4.0.4 and not 4.4? Any Idea
The M96 was upgraded to Kitkat 4.4!
Thanks
Naimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:52 AM   #52
Naimi
Naimi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
ereader-store.de reply:
Upgrade to 4.4 will be also available soon.
It is actually available already, but Onyx just prefers to sell it with the more tested 4.0.4 at the moment.

Thanks to them, Great team work.
Naimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:57 PM   #53
espinosa00011
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM

Also, I don't actually want to buy either of the devices and I don't really care what ereader-store.de charges in particular. It just seems that you are not aware of what “final price” means.

I have not read any such statement from booxtor. Where has he said that? Don't know why you keep writing bad things about the company or the person. Really weird.
I am not saying bad things of anyone. I just find a little "ridiculus" a store saying it will have low profits with a item, in particular the 13.3 model. In fact you have now the price from the Holland store and it is the same, but with one little difference, one is a preorder price and the other seems to be the normal price and tells that they will have a special offer for a preorder, whatever this will mean.

And what I find really weird is so many people registered in Germany in the forum very interested in defending a German store. When I see this I think that these people have some kind of profesional relationship with the store.

Last edited by espinosa00011; 03-22-2016 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:02 PM   #54
espinosa00011
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nossy23 View Post
I asked the store in Holland too. Price will be 695 Euro (VAT included) for the Onyx Boox Max, and 399 Euro for the N96. Shipping is a few euros cheaper for me (to Belgium) compared to the store in Germany. But the difference in price is so small, I would say go for whatever store gives you the best service.

Also, I confirm they might be doing a pre order promo (whatever that means, could just be a bundle with a discount on the extras).
Yes you are right with the price. And in my case I will wait to see what they offer in the preorder before buying anything. Furthermore, in this way I will also be able to see some reviews about the ereaders.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:16 AM   #55
MikeS66
MikeS66 began at the beginning.

Sorry, false post.

Last edited by MikeS66; 04-01-2016 at 01:25 AM. Reason: I seem to have posted in a wrong thread
MikeS66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:12 AM   #56
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Quote:
I am not saying bad things of anyone. I just find a little "ridiculus" a store saying it will have low profits with a item, in particular the 13.3 model.
And what I find really weird is so many people registered in Germany in the forum very interested in defending a German store. When I see this I think that these people have some kind of profesional relationship with the store.
I also find it "ridiculous". I feel a shop that provides such an excellent service should get a decent reward for the effort and not some peanuts. Let's hope the number of units sold compensates for that, in particular the 13.3" model as you said.

I think you should find it reassuring instead of weird that the members here defend that store. People are generally more inclined to complain about things, yet in this case it is quite the opposite, so yes, seems quite weird, you're right. Perhaps it is because of his well established, long running business, positive feedback and the involvement with this community?

Anyway, I wish you can get a good deal from wherever you order, and the store gets a good cut too, so that we can keep seeing new readers coming again and again. Good thinking

Last edited by machinogodzilla; 04-11-2016 at 11:41 PM. Reason: added some styling and fixed the link
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:50 AM   #57
espinosa00011
Enthusiast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
I also find it "ridiculous". I feel a shop that provides such an excellent service should get a decent reward for the effort and not some peanuts. Let's hope the number of units sold compensates for that, in particular the 13.3" model as you said.
To be more "explicit" I find it "ridiculus" because I think they are lying. In fact you have another price from another store and it is the same. Two stores having low profits, Why?

And please do not confuse good service with some other things. If you think this store has good service buy there but do not post against another person like me who only wrote information about other stores. I suppose this is a forum about ereaders and not a "marketing private forum" of ereader-store.

Best regards,
espinosa00011

Last edited by espinosa00011; 04-11-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:26 PM   #58
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please feel free to disagree with a person's opinions, or dispute their facts or data, providing you do so politely. Likewise, please address your criticisms to those opinions, facts and data rather than the person. Refer to MobileRead's Guidelines , specifically the full text of the very first item. When posting, your attention to the Guidelines is required.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:28 PM   #59
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Quote:
To be more "explicit" I find it "ridiculus" because I think they are lying. Two stores having low profits, Why?
Who cares?

I'm happy with the price I buy, I'm not happy with the price I don't buy. I'm desperate to have something, but not happy with the price I might buy. I'm happy with the price but the shop seems dodgy I will probably not buy. The shop doesn't have the support in the language I speak, I may need to think. And so on... These are the things I think of when I want to buy something not how much the shop owner is making.

But if you are really interested for whatever reason why apparently the profits are low, Booxtor has openly explained that a few times in the past (for example, here), although he didn't really have to, including some background to how his business operates and what they do apart from reselling the readers (for example, here).

It's quite sad to then see people coming out of the blue and making unfounded accusations. What good does it do to anybody? What benefit do you think will others have from your "discovery"?
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:56 AM   #60
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hi all,

This discussion is an old subject.

What's the questions ? :
* "Does a vendor could make a profit ?"
* "A lower price is most important than quality, services and support ?"

I think, we could stop the discussion here, because we have some responses :
* a vendor want make a profit, and MUST have a profit if he want to be a vendor in the future and continue to serve the customers;
* it's important for the customers that the vendor make enough profits to have a profitable activity and continue to produce, sold, etc., if the buyer want to have access to the product;
* it's important to pay the 'true' or 'real' price of something for the customer;
* some vendors sold something with the only idea to make a big benefit, some vendors add services and support to the customer.

In the present case, the same device could be ONLY sold or the device could be sold AND SOME SERVICES AND SUPPORT COULD BE OFFERED TO THE CUSTOMERS.

We have discussed about the price of ereader-store.de. In Europe (Germany) the costs are probably higher (taxes, VAT, charges, commercial rents, etc.) than in Vietnam.

But we know that the vendor "ereader-store" has a good quality of service, take a big part in the development of the Onyx's e-reader (see the work done for the M92) and make some efforts to improve the Onyx's e-reader.

Some people want only a lower price. Some people take care of the price, services and support : the price is higher.

We can only compare prices, services and supports. We can't have all data about the real cost for each vendor.

So, if all people are agree I propose to stop the discussions about the profit of each vendor, but it's always interesting to know the different prices proposed

Last edited by Randy11; 04-12-2016 at 08:03 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, n96, n96ml, onyx