Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-16-2014, 10:16 AM   #16
zufre
Connoisseur
zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo/Nook ST
Then, if I bought the Afterglow 2, could I install additional Ivona voices (like the Spanish one) using Google Play?
Regards.
zufre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:52 AM   #17
ArtaTechPoland
Banned
ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: inkBOOK
Hi Zufre,

I cannot confirm that IVO Software is going to optimize their Android App (which are in BETA stage) to Onyx's e-readers. I already send a inquiry to see if Onyx could pre-install more voices for TTS so customers would get more voices out-of-the-box. And I hope BOOX readers could get an update where it would be possible to "tweaK' the system and use those BETA apps from Google Play Store (by IVO Software).
ArtaTechPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2014, 03:10 AM   #18
zufre
Connoisseur
zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

So additional voices from Ivona do not work at the moment. Thanks for the information.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:01 PM   #19
Pierre89
Pierre89 began at the beginning.

Device: nono
support seems to be lacking...

Hi,
i may be able to talk a bit about that ereader soon i hope. I ordered one on November 16th, my payment went thru Paypal but i got no confirmation email from this company and i am still waiting for them to answer my support ticket i opened on the 17th.
For what i found it seems to be faster to get an answer from them when you post on this forum than to ask them a direct question.
I am about to ask Paypal for a refund.
Pierre89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:30 AM   #20
ArtaTechPoland
Banned
ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre89 View Post
Hi,
i may be able to talk a bit about that ereader soon i hope. I ordered one on November 16th, my payment went thru Paypal but i got no confirmation email from this company and i am still waiting for them to answer my support ticket i opened on the 17th.
For what i found it seems to be faster to get an answer from them when you post on this forum than to ask them a direct question.
I am about to ask Paypal for a refund.
Pierre,

I think I see your order on onyx-boox.com. It is completed so you should see your parcel very soon (via UPS).
Advert
Old 11-19-2014, 03:22 PM   #21
zufre
Connoisseur

Does Google TTS work with the Afterglow 2? Would I be able to install Spanish, French and English voices?
Old 11-20-2014, 11:59 AM   #22
zufre
Connoisseur

Ummm no answer. I guess they have plans to make everybody in ther world use just English and Polish. No other languages allowed with the Afterglow 2...
Old 11-20-2014, 04:04 PM   #23
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by zufre View Post
Ummm no answer. I guess they have plans to make everybody in ther world use just English and Polish. No other languages allowed with the Afterglow 2...
I enjoyed a lot Stanislav Lem novels. Perhaps we should learn Polish ...
Just a joke.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:16 PM   #24
zufre
Connoisseur

I liked Lem too!
Old 11-20-2014, 09:23 PM   #25
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Ill learn Russian and read Strugatsky first.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:37 PM   #26
Pierre89
Pierre89 began at the beginning.

Device: nono
Hi, just to say that I got my ereader today.
Still learning to use it. By the way, it's a C67ML
Pierre89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:08 AM   #27
zufre
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre89 View Post
Hi, just to say that I got my ereader today.
Still learning to use it. By the way, it's a C67ML
Could you check if it is possible to install Ivona French and Spanish voices?
Or Google TTS voices?
Do they work?
Old 11-21-2014, 02:39 AM   #28
ArtaTechPoland
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zufre View Post
I noticed that you can install but not set Google's TTS in the Settings like I used to do on Onyx BOOX Lynx. I sent an inquiry to Onyx about that.

Last edited by ArtaTechPoland; 11-21-2014 at 03:12 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-21-2014, 03:03 AM   #29
fozzedout
Guru
fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M96, Kindle Basic 2014, Onyx T68 Lynx, Icarus Illumina E653
I have the Cere Proc voices, which I have found to be better than Ivona. Give them a try
fozzedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:24 AM   #30
zufre
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzedout View Post
I have the Cere Proc voices, which I have found to be better than Ivona. Give them a try
Well they are not free.
Do they work in the Afterglow 2?