Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-17-2024, 09:03 PM   #136
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhoney66 View Post
i bought another new hardback a James Patterson book
Which of the 27 released this month?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 01:07 AM   #137
wildhoney66
Zealot
wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10
27 lol yeah it does feel like that many per month I read his bio recently & in it he talks about how much of a slacker he was back in the mid 90's when he would do only 1 book a year. i thought to myself i know he's kidding but really? how is 1 book a year being a slacker? his bio was decent but not among his best books to be honest and it was really because on how he wrote it the short chapters isn't what i mean at all.

what i mean is that some chapters would feel like it was a part of his life he should be talking about and another would be him going off topic in a different chapter and it was him more or less saying i'm gonna talk about this for a moment and than get back to what i was talking about earlier. like i said a decent book but not among his best

& the book i bought ? Holmes Marple & Poe that one looked interesting i collect his books i know he only writers outlines to books and he says he does give notes to the co-author if he needs to but they do talk and exchange ideas. apparently some of his co-writers used to work with him back when he was an AD man Patterson for example created the i'm a toys Us R Kid slogan that was huge when i was a kid growing up for example.

i haven't started the book yet i'm currently reading Doctor Sleep for the 1st time.
wildhoney66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:21 PM   #138
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
i collect his books.
What your collection must look like.

Last edited by issybird; 03-24-2024 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Oversize image deleted.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 04:52 AM   #139
chongjasmine
Connoisseur
chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sometimes, I still buy physical books. I like their smell.
chongjasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 06:58 PM   #140
wildhoney66
Zealot
wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

i wish my collection looked like that, that's always been a dream of mine to get a room to look like that. sometimes though is better than never buying them at all yes i do love the smell of new books
Old 03-24-2024, 07:10 PM   #141
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
If you are worried about people borrowing your physical books, here's an image of how to prevent that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chained_library.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	373.9 KB
ID:	207134  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 08:56 PM   #142
wildhoney66
Zealot

that reminds me of the library in The Harry Potter books/films in the out of bounds section
Old 03-24-2024, 09:03 PM   #143
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The difference is that IRL, the books were chained to protect them from humans while in Harry Potter's world, the books were chained to protect humans from them. A different meaning for being sucked into a book

Last edited by DNSB; 03-24-2024 at 09:05 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 09:04 PM   #144
wildhoney66
Zealot

agreed but some books if you think about it should be protected from certain people as well and i don't mean just kids
Old 03-26-2024, 07:32 AM   #145
chrisread67
chrisread67 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
Do you still buy physical books? Until yesterday, since 2010 I bought only 1 physical book and that is only because my favorite author responded to my email and sent me a signed bookplate so I got the physical book for the book plate. It was Red Window by Alma Katsu.

Yesterday I had an urge to go to Barnes and Noble and buy books. I purchased H.P. Lovecrafts Complete Fiction(B&N Collectible Edition), Hurricane Wars( B&N Exclusive Edition), A Court of Thorns and Roses, and Starling House( B&N Exclusive Edition). I am kinda excited to read an actual real book. I never realized how bad my eyesight is trying to read the small print. Good thing I have a strong pair of reading glasses on hand. Not sure why I bought these, I guess I kinda need a change of pace with my reading.
only if no digital version find of it..
chrisread67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 10:26 PM   #146
wildhoney66
Zealot

i can think of 1 book that there is no Digital version at all and that's Dean Koontz (1973) book Demon Seed The Original version the one you can find really anywhere is the one he rewrote in the 90's.
Old 03-29-2024, 08:00 AM   #147
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
i can think of 1 book that there is no Digital version at all and that's Dean Koontz (1973) book Demon Seed The Original version the one you can find really anywhere is the one he rewrote in the 90's.
Koontz started out writing Sci Fi and his first book, published in 1968, was Star Quest. It also does not have a digital version.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 09:24 PM   #148
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
My one exception is already listed here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=137
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 08:41 PM   #149
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Target just had a sale buy two get one free so I bought four and got two free now I have so many physical books. I have nowhere to put it since I don’t have a bookshelf lol
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 08:42 PM   #150
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
I have the e-book but then again I purchased it over a decade ago. It was a pretty good book. Dean‘s current novels have been really poor.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote