Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 12-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #31
grantium
grantium began at the beginning.

Device: ebw1150
The customer service is awesome, just awesome. I scratched my screen, and one Garth @ eBookWise offered me an amazing deal on a replacement unit. I have had a couple more encounters and each time Garth went above and beyond.

Buy one-- they are great little devices.
grantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:59 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But remember, there are LOTS of ebooks here in IMP format for your enjoyment.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:29 PM   #33
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Ordered the eb1150 and bookmarked Dale's website. Jon, I was surprised to see that MobileRead has the IMP format. I always check the first page to see what new books you folks have formatted for us, but thought the options were PRC and LRF. That was the nudge that sent me to Fictionwise website...that and all the positive comments in this thread. Had signed up w/NAEB for a Gen3 but am tired of waiting. Have NO interest in the Kindle, so am content until I see what wonders 2008 brings.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:20 PM   #34
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
Charliebird,

I'm delighted with the eb1150 (got mine about a week ago). It isn't too bright and is very simple to use. Glad to be reading on a screen larger than a PDA! I wish it were just a little lighter weight -- then it would be perfect! Like you, I'm going to sit back and watch the 2008 floorshow re: e-ink devices for a bit before I commit to one.
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:40 PM   #35
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
I went ahead and got an 1150 also, just because it is backlit. I do a lot of reading in bed too, and same as everyone else, don't want to disturb my spouse. I love my Sony and my Kindle too, it's just difficult to put a light on these {and I've tried several}. They're always falling off, or need readjustment. I guess all my Christmas money has gone to ebook readers this year!
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:45 PM   #36
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
what about eye fatigue? I've been thinking of getting a 1150 and wait for the 2nd gen Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmarie View Post
Charliebird,

I'm delighted with the eb1150 (got mine about a week ago). It isn't too bright and is very simple to use. Glad to be reading on a screen larger than a PDA! I wish it were just a little lighter weight -- then it would be perfect! Like you, I'm going to sit back and watch the 2008 floorshow re: e-ink devices for a bit before I commit to one.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:27 PM   #37
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
what about eye fatigue? I've been thinking of getting a 1150 and wait for the 2nd gen Kindle
I keep the brightness/contrast down relatively low and use the larger font -- the screen looks gray, not white like a lot of web pages. I gave midterms today where I teach, and was able to read all day long without any eye fatigue. The device draws quite a bit of interest from the kids (AND we're talking inner city here -- not a hotbed of heavy reading!) who ask, "Where can I get one?"

I'll eventually get an e-ink device too, but so far, this one is WAY better than reading on my PDA! Also, the 1150 seems sturdier than what I'm reading here about the e-ink screens -- my environment can be rough at times, so I probably wouldn't take an e-ink device in to my school anyway.
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:00 PM   #38
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
I really hope that when ETI comes out with the e-ink successor to the ETI-2, they don't make the mistake of not having integral lighting. It's what many people like most about the eBookwise, along with better ergonomics than e-ink units, with their often poor button placement and seeming inability to hold solidly with one hand and turn pages with the same hand.
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #39
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wonder if they will come out with a successor
Old 12-20-2007, 09:06 PM   #40
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
ETI says they're working on a successor. As you see, the first version has the bad button placement of most e-ink devices, and there's no mention of integral lighting, so it's a poor start, but there's some hope they'll make the ETI-3 better than the ETI-2, not worse. I wouldn't actually bet on it, but there's there's still some small hope.
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:15 PM   #41
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Ervserver:
Like Imarie, I have the brightness on my DT375 set probably more than relatively low. When I used my Cybook (before I got the DT376) I kept both brightness/contrast low. On both I can read for hours w/out eye fatigue and I have had eye surgery that left me very sensitive to artificial light.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:01 PM   #42
Ervserver
Wizard

I may get an 1150 for reading in bed at night
Old 02-16-2008, 04:43 AM   #43
Roberts324
Mad translator
Roberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enough

Device: eBookwise 1150 reader, Samsung E60 reader, SAMSUNG N150 netbook
I just created a group for GEB1150 and GEB1150 users; here is the blurb for it:

This group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EBW-GEB1150/) has been
created for the owners of a Gemstar GEB1150 or eBookwise EBW1150
ebook readers, so they can discuss hardware and software issues
specific to their reader, and exchange tips and tricks.

It cames as a complement to existing groups such as:

- The Rocket eBook group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Rocket_Ebook/

- The REB1100 group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/REB1100files/

- The REB1200 group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/REB1200/

- The RCAeBooks group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RCAebooks/

There is also an interesting forum at https://www.mobileread.com/
forums/. Though it is more related to the Sony eBook reader, it has a
discussion on the Book Designer software that may also be used to
create books for the GEB/EBW1550 readers.

Please feel free to visit!

Robert
Roberts324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:46 PM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why not just use the forums here? They actually work better then an email list.

Plus, we have LOTS of already formatted eBooks for the EB1150. Plus there are others here who might be able to help besides just EB1150 owners. For example, I've helped Nick test his mobi2imp even though I do not have an Eb1150. But I want to be able to easily make well formatted eBooks for the EB1150.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote