Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-31-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
momentblur
momentblur began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Skins and cases in the UK

Hey,
I am one of the many caught in the kindle pre-order rush. I would love to get a skin for it as I personally think it looks (press shots) pretty pedestrian but from doing a quick search and scanning the main UK based sites I couldn't find anyone selling ereader skins.

Does anyone know of any sites that do ereader skins based in the UK or is it a case of importing from America if you want one?

Plus any recomendations on good places to buy covers?

I understand of course that it will take a short while before K3 specific skins and cases are available.

Cheers
momentblur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:12 AM   #2
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Try decalgirl or skinit, although I prefer declgirl.
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 05:05 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Usually it is white. Especially in the northern part and Scotland. Although, this summer probably gave a good suntan even to most reclusive white skinned creature.
However, cases? It is not that cold and misty to subject oneself to a water proof enclosure.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:48 AM   #4
Surfergirl
Enthusiast
Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505 (Blue)/PRS-505 (Red)/iPhone 3GS
I'd second the Decalgirl recommendation. I've bought several skins from them for various items (Sony reader, iTouch, etc) and have found the quality of their skins to be excellent.

Delivery is usually very quick, considering that the item is sent from the US to the UK.
Surfergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:07 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Usually it is white. Especially in the northern part and Scotland. Although, this summer probably gave a good suntan even to most reclusive white skinned creature.
However, cases? It is not that cold and misty to subject oneself to a water proof enclosure.
But what about those from-elsewhere-English persons!

Are there already skins for the K3? Wouldn't the K3 be available first?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2010, 07:52 AM   #6
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Shameless plug here, but I love the cases made by seller Sakizome on etsy.com. I've bought two from her as well as a smartphone sleeve. She ships internationally.

I don't have anything about skins to add since I don't use any, but I know DecalGirl is popular.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote