Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-24-2008, 04:12 PM   #31
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Not when it's racoons making the garbage cans tumble!
I see.

All we have are sky rats. Pigeons. They love to nibble on the medical waste from the special dumpsters.

I need to get out of this city before I go insane.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:37 PM   #32
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
*sigh* i mostly see sky rats as well. although there are ducks on the canal, and swans on the lake in the Buttes Chaumont park.

do you really have foxes in the city, Patricia ?? i can't imagine that... although we have some woods and rural areas not very far outside of Paris, but still Paris seems to be quite well insulated from wildlife... although of course cities have their own particular species of wildlife...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2008, 08:55 PM   #33
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Yes, There's a family of them living somewhere nearby. And quite a few foxes live in the local cemetary, as do some rabbits. At various times in my garden there are squirrels, foxes, bats, hedgehogs, and, occasionally frogs (on their way to a neighbour's pond). And birds.
I have friends in south London who also have loads of foxes. They are quite common in cities now. Bristol has several colonies which have featured in television documentaries.
Perhaps there are fewer in Paris because of the peripherique?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #34
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Yes, There's a family of them living somewhere nearby. And quite a few foxes live in the local cemetary, as do some rabbits. At various times in my garden there are squirrels, foxes, bats, hedgehogs, and, occasionally frogs (on their way to a neighbour's pond). And birds.
ok, well we DO have bats !!! in fact, in the summer, if you go to the canal at dusk, first you can watch the swallows acrobating in the sky, and then as it gets darker there is an imperceptible transition, and the arcs get more erratic, the shadows are a little more jagged, and then you realize it's not swallows anymore...

we have squirrels as well, and plenty of birds (apart from the pigeons, there are sparrows, and ducks, and sometimes (rather bizarrely) seagulls, and some others whose names i don't know.

Quote:
I have friends in south London who also have loads of foxes. They are quite common in cities now. Bristol has several colonies which have featured in television documentaries.
yes, that seems likely. i wish we did have foxes here... they're so beautiful. although actually i don't really like seeing animals in cities, they always seem out of place and sad. so i guess i *don't* really wish we had foxes here. but in the suburbs would be all right, where there are more gardens and fewer cars...

i saw a hedgehog last summer in the country in the south ; we were out on the terrasse behind the house after dinner, and we heard a rustling, and turned our heads expecting to see the neighbor's cat again, but instead a strange pointy nose came out of the leaves, and then a little prickly head... we all stared at each other for a few seconds, and then he decided to take a different route and went back into the garden. it was the highlight of my evening (and it had been a pretty good evening up to that point, already).

well, although it may seem like it sometimes, unlike some animals zeldas are not nocturnal so i really must go to bed now.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #35
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Currently I am listening to the Loved One print something upstairs, what sounds like a garden blower-vac in the distance, some Noisy Miners having little territorial stoushes, and a couple of rainbow lorikeets discussing the morning news ("I see the price of nectar's gone up again..."). Also, just now, the Loved One has finished printing and is whipping up a luvverly latte, which means the grinder and espresso machines are making their wonderful noises too.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2008, 09:07 PM   #36
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Sleep well, Zelda.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:09 PM   #37
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Right now I'm listening to a Gaelic Football match. Weird stuff! That must be one of the most demanding team sport ever!!!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:59 PM   #38
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
My crying baby, a nagging spouse, and a barking dog....not necessarily in that order! The TV is also on, and I'm trying to concentrate.
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:29 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What I am listening to as I type this is The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps the Dr. Ebbets UK Mono edition which has now changed tracks to Sheryl Crow - Run, Baby, Run.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:53 PM   #40
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Ravel's Pavane pour une infante défunte (orchestral rendition). Well, I'm trying to listen to it but the stinking hotel room air conditioner is a hundred times louder. God, I hate those things!

By the way, I hate elevatorish music and am not interested in background music at all. But the orchestral rendition of this piece is by far the most relaxing music I have heard bar none. I have yet to figure out how it relates to a dead princess. Must investigate some day.

Last edited by vivaldirules; 06-24-2008 at 10:56 PM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:58 AM   #41
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
A gentle rumbling of my HD.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:44 AM   #42
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
Indigo Girls, Nomads-Indians-Saints. Specifically "Watershed" right this instant. I'm more fond of the other albums but they're all lined up in my music player so I'm running through the lot.
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:58 AM   #43
WDecraene
Zealot
WDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enough

Device: A FREE (!!!) replacement cybook gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Foxes have been spotted in Brussels as well ... I love it when essentially wild animals make their reappearance amongst humanity (Wouldn't like that to happen with snakes though. They scare the hell out of me). I heard the story that there's a falcon (or another bird of prey) residing in Central Parkn NY (having built it's nest agains one of the appartment buildings) !?
WDecraene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #44
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDecraene View Post
Foxes have been spotted in Brussels as well ... I love it when essentially wild animals make their reappearance amongst humanity (Wouldn't like that to happen with snakes though. They scare the hell out of me). I heard the story that there's a falcon (or another bird of prey) residing in Central Parkn NY (having built it's nest agains one of the appartment buildings) !?
Perigrin falcons are nesting in the skyscrapers next to Central Park. They are alos nesting in the not so sky scrapers in La Crosse, WI. Saw one flying overhead yesterday afternoon.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:16 PM   #45
josie
josie began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Songs that are catching my ears lately :

Breanna Lynn-Slip
Lamb-What Sound
Cat Power-Baby Doll
Saith-Rock Bottom
Lily Allen-Alfie
josie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)