Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #226
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Thanks for the info jusmee.
I'll see how today goes... maybe I'll try a reset or maybe I'll just read
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #227
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
Thanks for the info jusmee.
I'll see how today goes... maybe I'll try a reset or maybe I'll just read
I would definitely hold off on a reset. You likely won't get the update from doing that so likely lots of pain for no gain.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #228
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Wouldn't t make sense to wait for 2.1.4 to stabilize before mucking around with hacking it?
Not really, no. Ikarus obviously has the time so he can do what he likes with it. Nothing wrong with validating the toolchain and getting a hello world up and running. Options are good.

Kudos to ikarus for taking the initiative!!
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #229
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Yes. I purchased from JB HiFi. I manually updated to 2.1.1 and the official 2.1.4 came through just fine via WiFi.
I have just checked again, and still the Kobo remains on 2.0.4.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #230
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
No luck here in Hawaii on the OTA update to 2.1.4.. Actually kind of strange since I'm still on 1.9.17.. No update to the 2.x.x series yet. :P No rush.. Perfectly happy with 1.9.17 for now.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #231
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Melbourne 2.20pm - just tried and no update.
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #232
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
OOPS... I *USE* Georgia!
Does this make you typical or atypical?
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #233
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
For the people being updated from 2.0.0. to 2.0.0. try doing another update through the desktop.

It took 2 updates to go from 2.0.0 to 2.0.4 for me. I think that the first upgrade does something, but not sure. The second loads 2.0.4.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #234
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
For the people being updated from 2.0.0. to 2.0.0. try doing another update through the desktop.

It took 2 updates to go from 2.0.0 to 2.0.4 for me. I think that the first upgrade does something, but not sure. The second loads 2.0.4.
I wonder if they could make it ANY more confusing?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:33 AM   #235
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
I have been trying through wifi, so maybe I will try through the desktop.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:07 AM   #236
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I was doing it through the desktop each time as I have the Wifi switched off. I think Australia has been dropped off Kobo's map of the world.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:28 AM   #237
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I was doing it through the desktop each time as I have the Wifi switched off. I think Australia has been dropped off Kobo's map of the world.
As I keep saying, no it hasn't, mine came through.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:51 AM   #238
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Just tried again in the UK, (08:50), and still no update to 2.1.4, stuck on 2.0.0 r41166
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:16 AM   #239
Erkhyan
Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Kobo touch here, bought in Australia but used in Madagascar. I didn’t check whether the automatic update was available here, since I manually updated at the first occasion (from a manual installation of 2.1.1).

No major issues so far, everything works well, except for a small (?) problem: using that modified Charis SIL font available somewhere on this forum, the device has become unable to correctly display the middle character in this sequence…
Code:
<p class="scenebreak">&mdash;&nbsp;&diams;&nbsp;&mdash;</p>
… which I use in my home-made ePubs. Instead of the black diamond it is supposed to display, it now shows an empty square (the one that usually replaces an unknown character). The weird part is that it displayed correctly before the update, and still displays fine using the Ubuntu, Bookman Old Style and Linux Libertine G fonts (in short, using any font other than the one I prefer using).
Erkhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #240
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Quote:
Wouldn't t make sense to wait for 2.1.4 to stabilize before mucking around with hacking it?
As it was quite easy to get the toolchain up and running again I thought I'll start modifying the main screen to fit my needs.
Personally I don't have any issues with 2.1.4 (I've manually installed the firmware and so far everything works.)

The thing is I bought a kobo mainly because I liked the device at that moment. With every firmware update kobo added more features related to their shop which isn't useful for me as I only read sideloaded epubs. That's why I've started modifying the firmware.
ikarus9999 is offline   Reply With Quote