Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Several Kindle 3 KB's
Changing the partition type ?

I recently had a problem with my K3WiFi: it would only mount as read-only, making it impossible to add or remove books through Calibre or directly with the Linux/KDE file manager.

Running fsck on the offending partition did not work, I had to use a friend's Windows® box to run chkdsk, which found file errors and returned my K3 to a modicum of sanity.

Which set me wondering, in case the problem occurs again, whether it would be possible to reformat the kindle data partition as a Linux ext3 partition which, being journaled, would be less susceptible to file corruption and being Linux, easier to fsck with success from a Linux box.

Any idea ?

Cheers,

R.Olgiati
rolgiati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The fstab and mtab files are looking for a vfat partition. They would need to be changed to use ext3. I have not tested it though...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
chkdsk, corruption, file system, fsck