Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 04:05 AM   #1
Stoneforger
Connoisseur
Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Smile Forge of Stones - a fantasy/science fiction novel

Hello, I'd like to present Forge of Stones, a science fiction/fantasy novel that I recently wrote. Below is a brief summary description and an assortment of links where you can get, read, review, like, add the book and so on. It’s kind of like a map of everything on the web associated with it. Forge of Stones is available for FREE until June 6th from smashwords. I’ve included the link and coupon code below. Enjoy!

In a world dominated by religious law, the ruling theocracy is about to enter a period of unprecedented upheaval. A pilgrim from a forgotten place ventures into the desolated heart of the Widelands, where myth meets reality and only the faithful or truly fortunate dare enter. A rebel and a young apprentice both seek answers they had never thought could ever be answered. And all the while, the future of their world hangs in a precipitous balance. Their journey will lead them to uncover long-lost secrets and truths that will shake the very foundations of the world and change everything, forever.

Sold at Amazon for $0.99 (prices in Euros and GBP from amazon.de and amazon.co.uk might vary) and available as a paperback. Also available from my site, smashwords.com and goodreads.com (from $1.20 to $1.50).

My site:

http://www.stoneforger.com

Buying the e-book from my site or the paperback edition via Amazon:

http://www.stoneforger.com/2011/02/22/forge-of-stones/

Getting the book from smashwords.com: (Remember – for FREE until June 6th – coupon code is JA85Y)

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/50974

At Google Books, with preview of the paperback available (50%):

http://books.google.com/books?id=dvYdfdiPZHkC

At Goodreads (with the option to read 50% of the e-book or buy it for $1.50):

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11496141-forge-of-stones

The book’s Facebook group (please send for an invitation if you’d like):

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_115228028556012

My Facebook “fan” page (the place where you can get updates from the site basically):

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneforgers-Den/100262583392557

And the twitter feed:
http://twitter.com/#!/stoneforgerden

The book’s thread on the forums at kindleboards.com (I’ll be posting here from time to time):

http://www.kindleboards.com/index.php/topic,63493.0.html

The Shelfari page of the book (link, like, review, add, tag, you name it!)

http://www.shelfari.com/books/22743503/Forge-of-Stones

Let me know what you think of my work. My e-mail address is: kalampakas AT stoneforger DOT com (trying to outsmart the spammers, but I’m not having high hopes about it)

If you don’t have Forge of Stones, your chance at a FREE copy ends at June 6th. Coupon code is JA85Y. I’ll be giving out coupons from time to time, but why wait?

Cheers, and have a fun summer season!
Stoneforger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Looks like a good long read. I just downloaded it. From the blurb it looks like a very interesting story.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:10 AM   #3
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Thank you.
It's on my (ever growing) TBR-list.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #4
Stoneforger
Connoisseur
Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is indeed, a long read.

I don't know if it's really good (that's up to you), but it is long a little over 150k words. I actually think I trimmed it down before publishing it, so YMMV. Do have a care and let me know when you've finished it. Your input is invaluable.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:06 AM   #5
Stoneforger
Connoisseur

For FREE, until Amazon offers it for FREE as well!

Intenting to "exploit" Amazon's pricing policy, I changed the price of the book on Smashwords to FREE. The idea is when the book is finally added to the premier catalog, it will become available on B&N, and with a free price sooner or later Amazon will change its price to free as well.

So, no coupons. Just get it and tell your friends too. Before I change my mind.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
That's really nice of you

Just one question, is this a sole book or it will have some continuation?
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #7
Stoneforger
Connoisseur

Hopefully, there will be a series based on Forge of Stones

Even though it can be read as a sole book, I wrote it envisaging more books in the future. So, I'll answer that yes, there will be more books to come, if I see that people would be interested.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #8
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
That's always good to know, I think I'm going to put this one on my next to read book, might start next week or so, this one I'm currently reading is a big one too

I'll give some feedback later
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:46 AM   #9
Stoneforger
Connoisseur

"Forge of Stones" on Smashwords Premium Distribution Catalog

Hurrah! After almost 3 months of failed attempts (I suck at Word - I use Lyx - and couldn't be bothered reading the complete smashwords' style guide), the book finally made it to the Premium distribution catalog.

That means that within two weeks time, you should be able to also get it (for FREE of course) from Barnes & Noble, Sony, Apple iBookstore, Kobo, Diesel, and Scrollmotion.

Since the price is still set to free perhaps B&N will not include it, I'm not sure on the legalese about that.

Hope Amazon picks up the free price soon enough.

I'll let you know, so you can let your friends know too. Enjoy the summer and let me know what you think!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #10
Stoneforger
Connoisseur

Hello! I was just notified from Smashwords about the Summer/Winter 2011 Sales – (Summer in the northern hemisphere, winter in the southern hemisphere). From what I can gather, Forge of Stones was automatically enrolled because it’s free, and it will be made specially available on sale at Stanza on the iPhone/iPod Touch, and on Aldiko for Android phones.

I don’t think I can provide any special links or whatnot, so here’s the book’s page on smashwords

I guess books on sale will be available on a special section somewhere in these two mobile apps, so if you are a happy user of one of those, happy downloading and enjoy reading “Forge of Stones”!

Thanks to those who have already downloaded a copy, and please do tell me what you think! A review would be great too!

Have a nice summer (again!)
Old 07-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #11
Stoneforger
Connoisseur

Exclamation About Smashwords files

A reader had problems with a Sony device (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139366) and Forge of Stones. Smashwords creates the various e-book formats from a Word document.

As you can see in previous posts, I had to make many changes and corrections in the formatting to ensure that the book would be accepted in the premium distribution channel, so as far as Smashwords is concerned, the files are fine.

If anyone is having trouble with a specific file, all one has to do is mail me with their device details and preferable format and send you a tailored e-book, using Calibre, and if all else fails, a PDF of the paperback version.

I hope such problems are the exception, and not the rule.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:40 AM   #12
Stoneforger
Connoisseur

Hello again!

Forge of Stones is now available for $2.99 on Amazon.com and $3.29 on Smashwords and other online retailers.

First couple of reviews that came in from Amazon readers all point out to the fact that it's too big for comfort, and the vocabulary perhaps too rich for a casual reading.

Well, that's probably right, and though many might be discouraged it adds up to what I intended in the first place. Anyway, if you like long reads and plot twists it seems it will not let you down.

So, if you haven't already, go on to Amazon and pick up a copy!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:20 AM   #13
Stoneforger
Connoisseur

Price for Forge of Stones dropped again to $0.99

August is slow. Download and enjoy!
Old 09-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #14
Stoneforger
Connoisseur

Have a nice winter!

Just wishing September proves to be a good month and the coming winter a happy season!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #15
Stoneforger
Connoisseur

Price changed to $2.99

As the title implies, price has changed to $2.99 on Amazon.com and accordingly on Smashwords and the other retailers..
There's some sort of marketing deal in the works, which will probably mark another price change. Till then, we shall see though.

Tags
adventure, fantasy, free, science fiction, twist