Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Why does Sigil interact with firefox ?

Hello,

Sigil seams to interact with firefox, installing hooks, trying to access the com-interface etc. (seel logfile)

Those activities are blocked by my firewall, and sigil crashes. This only happens if firefox is running.

Has anybody an idea whats happening here ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	web.png
Views:	200
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	114977  
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sigil uses the default browser and W3C for CSS validation. Perhaps Sigil is trying to gather the info it needs for that functionality?

Are you seriously concerned that there's some sort of nefarious activity hidden deep in the bowels of this completely open-source project? I understand caution, and all, but can you honestly imagine something evil in such a common/popular open-source project remaining secret for so long?
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Sigil uses the default browser and W3C for CSS validation. Perhaps Sigil is trying to gather the info it needs for that functionality?

Are you seriously concerned that there's some sort of nefarious activity hidden deep in the bowels of this completely open-source project? I understand caution, and all, but can you honestly imagine something evil in such a common/popular open-source project remaining secret for so long?
No, i'm not concerned in any way. It's just a matter of caution to restrict applications access to the web. Actually, i see no reason to give Sigil full access. (I don't use any web-based validation etc.)

If there werent those nasty crashes, i would'nt start this thread.
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote