Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
Howlingwolf
Groupie
Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kobo Touch
Firmware 1.9.14

Hi,

Does anyone know where I could get the firmware 1.9.14 archive?

I got a Kobo Touch for Christmas and it came with 1.9.12 which has a few issues. The most annoying of which is the touch registration problem which has been mentioned a couple of times elsewhere.

I've tried 1.9.16 and it seems to cure this issue but won't allow me to use the reader unless I accept all the advertising nonsense which goes with it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks...
Jonathan

_______
Another long time lurker takes the plunge.
(Hmm... Must remember to return that )
Howlingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
Cougarslair
Cougarslair began at the beginning.

Here is the link I used to downgrade to 1.9.14 taken from another thread:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/3F4Ujs...ate-1.9.14.zip
Cougarslair is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
psy65
Enthusiast
psy65 doesn't litterpsy65 doesn't litter

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarslair View Post
Here is the link I used to downgrade to 1.9.14 taken from another thread:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/3F4Ujs...ate-1.9.14.zip
how did you downgrade? where do you extract the file?

thank you
psy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
touring
Connoisseur
touring began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
I'm glad it wasn't on megaupload
touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post

I've tried 1.9.16 and it seems to cure this issue but won't allow me to use the reader unless I accept all the advertising nonsense which goes with it.

Shorlist!
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 12:30 AM   #6
mconh
Connoisseur
mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, AuraHD, AuraH20
Quote:
Originally Posted by psy65 View Post
how did you downgrade? where do you extract the file?

thank you
Connect Kobo to computer. Extract 1.9.14 zip file to .kobo folder on Kobo device.

Disconnect/eject Kobo device and it will load 1.9.14 on reboot.
mconh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:24 AM   #7
HubbaDubbaDubba
HubbaDubbaDubba began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Shorlist!
Sorry, still rubbish for me. Just too cluttered really. But hey, everyne is entitled to their own opinion, right?

I'm keeping mine on 1.9.14 forever, I think. Nothing is missing for me. Well, maybe if sometime in the future they come up with Instapaper or Readability integration, then I'd think on upgrading.
HubbaDubbaDubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #8
kibosh
kibosh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Touch
That link looks like it is dead already!

Anyone else out there have it?
kibosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibosh View Post
That link looks like it is dead already!

Anyone else out there have it?
Actually I think what you are seeing is the fallout from the MegaUpload takedown last week.

More and more of the file uploading websites are preventing their use for sharing files.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:00 AM   #10
satsuki_yatoshi
satsuki_yatoshi understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.satsuki_yatoshi understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.satsuki_yatoshi understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.satsuki_yatoshi understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.satsuki_yatoshi understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.satsuki_yatoshi understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.satsuki_yatoshi understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.satsuki_yatoshi understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.satsuki_yatoshi understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.satsuki_yatoshi understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.satsuki_yatoshi understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: kobo touch
here's the 1.9.14:
http://dl.free.fr/hpCznqXa5

before you downgrade restore your kobo
satsuki_yatoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:33 AM   #11
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I have a copy of 1.9.14, not sure how to distribute it tho, it's probably too large to email out.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #12
touring
Connoisseur
touring began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
bittorrent?
touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #13
kibosh
kibosh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Touch
Or if you have a dropbox, you could put it in a public folder and share the link.
kibosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #14
BigJ
BigJ began at the beginning.

I've added a backup link for firmware 1.9.14

Last edited by BigJ; 03-04-2012 at 04:17 PM.
BigJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #15
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I created a mediafire account and uploaded it.

Here's the link
http://www.mediafire.com/?cudfujv7ks9dup8
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote