Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #31
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
I was insanely careful with my Kindle and was happily showing it off one night when, as I was putting it back in it's case it dropped from about 5ft onto a stone floor. At first I thought nothing was wrong but the bottom of the case had popped out and no amount of pushing would get it back in, the device worked fine but I was really upset that it was no longer perfect.

My extended warranty wouldn't cover me, as it was only cosmetic damage, so me and the bf managed to prise the rest of the cover off and put it back on properly. The only small issue now are that you can now see a bit of the circuit board under one corner.

I was really impressed that the screen was not damaged though and if the clip at the bottom hadn't collapsed the cover would have been easily fixed.

I am now very, very careful with my Kindle 3 but will want Kindle 4 when it comes out as mine is no longer perfect.
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #32
Janette55
Connoisseur
Janette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it is

Device: Sony 900
My Sony 900 cost me $300, so I don't feel that is cheap, if it breaks I am out a reader and it will be quite a while before it can be replaced.
Saying that, I have yet to find a cover that I like at a price I can afford. I have carried it in my purse and have so far not dropped it, but in picking it up (which I just did) I realized that I have picked it up on a corner quite often; not the very tip, but then my thumb is on top of the cover over the touch screen (but it isn't much of a cover). So far no problems. Granted, I don't read from it every day either.
I keep the cover closed 99.9% of the time if I am not reading it and have no cats who would walk on it. Never allow anyhing more than a sheet of paper or two to be laid on top of it. I've had it for almost two years, but I will still be as careful as I can.
Janette55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #33
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Depending upon what size your reader is, one of these should suit it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...der+case&ajr=3

Or:
http://www.ecaddycase.com/

Last edited by BookCat; 04-19-2011 at 04:14 PM.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote