Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-15-2017, 01:37 PM   #166
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
Firmware:
20 June 2016 for T61, T62 & T63 series is available to download from Google Drive

Files taken from the Chinese Baidu sharing
Any chance you can grab from Baidu and upload to Google Drive the T63 update from 2017-01-09? There're two files/links, auto-translate didn't work so I can't tell the difference (one is probably update, another is full factory image): https://pan.baidu.com/s/1nuEfrML and https://pan.baidu.com/s/1slcZ9wx

Thanks!
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #167
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
RKBatchTool was displaying menus in Chinese. I applied the following change to config.ini and it displays in English:

Quote:
Lang1File=English.ini
Lang1FontName=Arial
Lang1FontSize=9
Lang1Tag=ENG
Lang1CHNTitle=英文
Lang1ENGTitle=English

Lang2File=Chinese.ini
Lang2FontName=宋体
Lang2FontSize=9
Lang2Tag=CHN
Lang2CHNTitle=中文
Lang2ENGTitle=Chinese
Are there any advantages over the Gonyx over the latest 2016 Boyue ROM? Otherwise I will stay with the Boyue ROM. It improves A2 refresh mode control. I'm not sure if the light flickering has stopped. I don't need googleplay.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2017, 01:48 PM   #168
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
RKBatchTool was displaying menus in Chinese. I applied the following change to config.ini and it displays in English:

Are there any advantages over the Gonyx over the latest 2016 Boyue ROM? Otherwise I will stay with the Boyue ROM. It improves A2 refresh mode control. I'm not sure if the light flickering has stopped. I don't need googleplay.
Thanks for this.

In spite of a couple of minor glitches, I'm pleased with the Boyue ROM on my T63. Out of curiosity, is there a Gonyx ROM available for the T63? I had one on my T62+ that worked well. Since I have TWRP on my T63, I can experiment but easily go back to the Boyue ROM if something doesn't work right.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 03:14 PM   #169
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I had one on my T62+ that worked well.
What was the advantage of the Gonx rom over the stock boyue rom? I am running the 2016 Boyue rom and it is superior to the previous releases.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #170
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I doubt that there is an advantage now. At the time when I did that, the brightness level on the stock Boyue T62+ ROM was too bright for me, even at the lowest level. Using tools from this forum, I first copied the ROM from an Onyx C67ML that I had to my T62+. The brightness controls on the Onyx ROM allowed me to choose a lower brightness level. Besides that, battery life was much better. I tried the Gonyx later, with similarly good results. I understand that subsequent Boyue updates corrected both issues. I don't see either issue on the stock ROM of my T63.

So, unless I'm missing something, there may be no advantage now. I'd be curious enough to check it out and find out, if I had the chance. But I'd be surprised if there was an advantage.
Advert
Old 01-17-2017, 09:57 PM   #171
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Quote:
Since I have TWRP on my T63, I can experiment but easily go back to the Boyue ROM if something doesn't work right.
Have you tried any of the newer versions of Boyue ROMs from this thread or are you still staying on the version which it came with from BG?
Old 01-18-2017, 06:12 AM   #172
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Have you tried any of the newer versions of Boyue ROMs from this thread or are you still staying on the version which it came with from BG?
No, I still have the version that my T63 came with. It was my understanding that some firmware versions have only Chinese as a language option. If that isn't true, then I may try one of those versions.

Edit: From what I see, only one of those versions is newer than what I now have.

Edit #2: After some playing around, I was able to download the January 17 update from Baidu. It was in rar compressed format. Uncompressing it, I found the update.img file. I know how to use the RKBatchTool, but I still wonder about the language options. Only one way to know for sure, I guess! Backup my current setup and try this one!

Last edited by downeaster59; 01-18-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:54 PM   #173
stangri
Addict

Quote:
Edit #2: After some playing around, I was able to download the January 17 update from Baidu. It was in rar compressed format. Uncompressing it, I found the update.img file.
The file I grabbed has the update-China-T63HD-JD-145.img inside it, making me wonder if it's Chinese-only image.
Please post an update if you brave thru the update. The little untranslated things in settings annoy me, but if I ended up with the whole UI being in Chinese it would be just a waste of time to set everything up again (not sure how reliable twrp backup is).
Old 01-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #174
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
The file I grabbed has the update-China-T63HD-JD-145.img inside it, making me wonder if it's Chinese-only image.
Please post an update if you brave thru the update. The little untranslated things in settings annoy me, but if I ended up with the whole UI being in Chinese it would be just a waste of time to set everything up again (not sure how reliable twrp backup is).
Well, I have tested twrp backup. I was able to backup system, data and boot. I then really tested it. I wiped system and data, and then restored backup. The restore worked fine. So twrp passed the test.

I don't think I'll try the update.img for two reasons: one, the risk of getting a Chinese-only firmware; two, there's no easy way to remove the stock recovery from the update.img. That means that twrp gets wiped and stock recovery restored if I install the update.img. Can I reinstall twrp on the updated firmware? If not, I've lost any access to my backup.

I wish that Boyue would provide a simple update.zip on their baidu site for the T63. It would be easier to remove the stock recovery from that and then restore my backup if the update isn't good.

So, unless I know I can restore my backup, I won't try it. The update will still be Android 4.2.2. No advantage there. It might improve stock apps, that I don't use. No advantage there. The backlight works fine for me. Battery life is fine. So, the risk is relatively high to update, but the benefits relatively small. Guess I'm staying put for now!
Old 01-27-2017, 01:48 PM   #175
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
My boyue bricked itself while I was walking (it really doesn't like the cold weather, does it), so I was forced to update.

Overall, the new firmware (T62D from November) is an improvement in many respects. They fixed the issue of the side-loaded apps that supposed to be in a full screen mode displaying the black bar at the bottom, which is a great plus. Some of the options, such as wifi timeout, are also a great addition, although I haven't tested it yet. There is also an option to set a password to open up, it wasn't there before.

Battery life I haven't had a chance to test out properly yet, but it does make me cautious, because it tells me that on 80% of charge it can keep running for only 13 hours (before it could last me 40 hours on that) which is really not something I'd enjoy, but perhaps it is just the first charge after the system install, and it will be better afterwards.

Few things bug me a lot, though. First, Xposeed Framework cannot be installed, it results in the boot loop error (if there are workarounds, I would appreciate hearing them), so here is to reinstalling everything again *sigh*.

Scrolling through a large page becomes annoying, definitely less responsive than it was before.
And also, it's a stupid issue, but it is a bit ridiculous - in Nova Launcher, I cannot change the background. No matter what I do, it always stays as black.

Last edited by iatheia; 01-27-2017 at 04:35 PM.
iatheia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:34 AM   #176
foregistries
foregistries began at the beginning.

Device: boyue t62d, t63a
need the .img of v.2015042209 of boyue t62d

howdy,

i need the .img of boyue t62d update v.2015042209

the official page (http://42.121.0.77/cms/firmware/Boyue-T62DSK/) has the zipped version but it does not work for me. need the .img version. thanx.

Last edited by foregistries; 02-27-2017 at 07:51 AM.
foregistries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:11 PM   #177
tancbzero
tancbzero began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62D
Need help for T62D firmware

Hello everyone, i am from Vietnam and i have a boyue T62D ( name at Vietnam is Bibox ). I did following forum a few time, and updated firmwave 160620 from link GGdrive in here. Today i come back to theard and see have new fw november for Boyue in 1st post, but i can't see link to download ( i did find in ggdrive and baidu, click link in 1st post but it go to Chinese homepage​ ). Who can help me ?
tancbzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:19 PM   #178
tancbzero

P/S: i click link http://42.121.0.77/cms/firmware/Boyue-T62DSK/ and see 2016111517, but file update.zip only have 72,4MB
Old 04-11-2017, 11:13 PM   #179
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancbzero View Post
P/S: i click link http://42.121.0.77/cms/firmware/Boyue-T62DSK/ and see 2016111517, but file update.zip only have 72,4MB
If you dont mind loosing your previous data you can get the latest firmware version from here and then flash it.
http://www.boyue.com/category.aspx?nid=34

I changed the language to english rooted and flashed google play. It all works correctly. The only problem that I have is that coolreader does not auto detect this firmware as eink so a few options seem to be missing.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:01 AM   #180
tancbzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
If you dont mind loosing your previous data you can get the latest firmware version from here and then flash it.
http://www.boyue.com/category.aspx?nid=34

I changed the language to english rooted and flashed google play. It all works correctly. The only problem that I have is that coolreader does not auto detect this firmware as eink so a few options seem to be missing.
I click your link but it go to wap site . I did found fw
2017019916 but it is test fw, i not test update now because i don't have PC here.
In my boyue, i often use Alreader for prc, epub file, and perfect viewer for pdf. It have many customizations for me