Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-09-2014, 10:59 AM   #1
jonas007
Enthusiast
jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Iconia A510
Loading ePUBs into Kobo eReading app

Hi everyone!

I could use some help regarding Kobo eReading app on my Android tablet. I know I can import ePUBs to its library but I have too many books to import at once... and I don't want to.

Can I import individual ePUBs? Placing them into Kobo's folder doesn't work, even if they're extracted (into separate folder, of course).

Do I need to convert a book to kepub first?

Many thanks in advance!
jonas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
have you tried "Library\import content"? That will give you the list of all the books you have - then you can check the box next to the only books you wish to import.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2014, 03:57 AM   #3
jonas007
Enthusiast
jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonas007 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I know about that option. But I have too many books on my tablet and it takes forever to scan them all, sometimes the app even freezes.

However, I discovered that if I place a copy of a book I want to import in "Downloads" folder, it gets scanned before all the other books that are in "Ebooks" folder. After that I can stop the search and import only that particular book.

It's a satisfying work-around for not having an option to manually choose which books to import prior the actual search.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:56 AM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

the download folder? Excellent tip, thank you!
Old 04-13-2014, 06:06 AM   #5
jonas007
Enthusiast

"Download" folder, yes. In my previous post I made a mistake, my ebooks folder is called "Books", not "Ebooks".

So that actually means that the Kobo app scans the "Download" folder first, regardless of the alphabetical order of folders. Good to know, right?
Advert
Old 04-13-2014, 03:26 PM   #6
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas007 View Post
"Download" folder, yes. In my previous post I made a mistake, my ebooks folder is called "Books", not "Ebooks".

So that actually means that the Kobo app scans the "Download" folder first, regardless of the alphabetical order of folders. Good to know, right?
very handy indeed!