Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #16
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Since a future reader can have an old edition of the book it is very good to have a review pointing out problems with a certain edition. And I really hope that if the book get fixed the edition number is changed.
and thats aproblem too. future eBooks usually dont have edition numbers.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #17
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
The link in your sig leads to a page with a forwarding link which is broken (missing a .com).

Also there are about as many grammatical errors in your short review as in the story you're reviewing (missing apostrophe, sentence fragments, beginning a sentence with a conjunction).
AHH I just saw this post!!

Thanks for the heads up on the site!

As for the grammar etc...I wasn't talking about things like sentence fragments, or beginning with a conjunction...I was talking about incorrect WORDS being used.

Either way...as to my review, when I type, I type how I talk. I quite literally talk out loud when I'm writing the reviews LOL (no I didn't say LOL). I might be strange for that.

But one purpose of this blog is to get me to write just about every day, and to work on my writing skills, so I'm going back and looking for what you are talking about and taking note and will try a bit better in future posts. Thanks
Old 02-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #18
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Since a future reader can have an old edition of the book it is very good to have a review pointing out problems with a certain edition. And I really hope that if the book get fixed the edition number is changed.
But if you already bought it and hadn't got around to reading it yet you wouldn't be looking at reviews.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #19
jhempel24
Wizard

actually thats not true
Old 02-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #20
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
But if you already bought it and hadn't got around to reading it yet you wouldn't be looking at reviews.
Of course I would look at reviews to see if the book is worth reading or if I should prioritize the book.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:02 AM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Read some of the indie books being picked up by the Big 6 lately. These books are full of grammar nightmares and being released by the big publisher without correcting many of the errors.

At first it bothered me but I realize this is probably how it will be from here on out. These particular authors who have a huge fan base before they get picked up isn't as touchable as mainstream authors work.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #22
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Since Amazon automatically updates self-published ebooks with new editions, I usually get them and let them sit in my account for a while. By the time I read them, they were already updated. Sometimes seeing they were updated reminds me of them and prompts me to send them to my kindle. This allows me to download books with a good story line, but which reviewers judge unacceptable in terms of spelling and grammar.

I have read quite a few "Big 6" published books in which I found several typos and grammatical errors, and THAT is unacceptable, at $10+!

Last edited by xendula; 02-17-2013 at 10:21 AM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #23
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I have read quite a few "Big 6" published books in which I found several typos and grammatical errors, and THAT is unacceptable, at $10+!
I read somewhere that proof reading is farmed out to India these days.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #24
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh Lord!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 AM   #25
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
They might as well farm them out to Antarctica.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #26
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Oh wow....do they have alternate names like they do on the phone?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #27
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Oh wow....do they have alternate names like they do on the phone?