Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-22-2014, 07:36 AM   #1
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Android Google Play Books As Primary Device

I'm wondering if anyone is using Play Books as their primary ereader via Android? Since Google allows uploading of lots of epub books, it would seem a good fit. I like the text to speech feature and syncing feature. Just curious if anyone is using Play Books to manage their ebook library?
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
I use it, but not as a primary library. I read on my nook ST, but I also upload the books to my Google account, so I can pick up where I left on my phone, if I find myself with some time in my hands and without my main reader.

It's a fairly simple interface, and it would certainly benefit from some upgrades (like folder management), but gets the job done.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 02:36 PM   #3
eumie
Enthusiast
eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 4, Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kindle Oasis 2
I alternate between Google Play Books and Moon+ Reader Pro since I read mainly on android devices these days. Play Books is a fairly good reader. I like the degree of font size adjustment and the TTS, which are must haves for me due to my bad eyes (gave up on Kindle for android due to the lack thereof). I like the UI as well. I do wish it had more customization features, like adding fonts, and that it allowed for making collections. Moon+ has that & more, but it has its flaws as well.
eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:01 PM   #4
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I'm trying to clear up some of my digital clutter :-)
eumie, I've kind of cooled on the Kindle Android app as well. I actually liked it before the big update awhile back that seemed to complicate the interface, and there really is no reason for Kindle Android to not have TTS at this point. Also a fan of Moon+ but like the sync feature of Google Books.
afv011, I have been using my phone more to read from than I thought I would. I had been using Kindle, but the simpler GPB interface might serve me better.
Thanks!
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote