Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
dougbiss
Enthusiast
dougbiss doesn't litterdougbiss doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Price reduction on Under the Dome (US) pre-order (now $7.99)

This is a bit of a cross-post, since I posted it in the deal section, but since I know a lot of the Kindle owners don't venture out of this forum very often I wanted to mention it here as well.

I noticed that the Stephen King book Under the Dome is down to $7.99 on pre-order. If you paid more, you may want to cancel and reorder at the new price.

Under the Dome for Kindle

Enjoy!
dougbiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Yes...............

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=dome&page=2

but your heart is in the right place!!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 11:24 PM   #3
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
So, they delay the electronic release so they can make $$$ on paper copies, then discount the pre-order price?

Logic please. Idiots (guess I'm referring to Stephen King and his publisher not Amazon).

Had they released this eBook alongside the boat anchor hardback, say, for $11.99, they would have made a fortune.

At $7.99 they have made a move backwards. Good luck with that strategy, Steve-o.

Last edited by coolbreeze; 12-22-2009 at 11:28 PM.
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Gotta tell ya, I'm losing my desire to rush and read this book. I'm a big King fan and was really hyped to read this book but so much time has passed that I may not start reading it the day it's Whispernetted to me. It might just go into the "to be read" queue or I might end up listening to the audio book instead.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote