Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-23-2017, 05:23 AM   #1
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
New 10-inch e-ink reader with stylus: Peacelevel Page X

Just spotted these on Aliexpress:

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/3279....html#autostay

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/3280....html#autostay

The X supports both touch and stylus input, the X1 is touch only.

The specs and marketing seem very similar to the ReMarkable slate which is currently on pre-order. I prefer the ReMarkable's symmetrical layout, but these are available now, and slightly cheaper. There may be software difference as well.

I sent some questions to the seller, who replied promptly:
- The screen is glass, not plastic 😢
- You can sideload apk-s.

Glad to see that Onyx is getting some healthy competition!

What do you guys think about these devices?

Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:17 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I think we've discussed this before:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...29#post3462929
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2017, 10:04 AM   #3
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Nate: you are right - I have forgotten all about it, since it was only on Taobao. Now that it's on Aliexpress it's a lot more accessible.
About that glass screen: it is intriguing that this device is exactly the same weight (350g) as the ReMarkable, which has a plastic screen. I wonder if they are actually that different, or the Aliexpress seller is mistaken... If you find out anything, please let us know!
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:44 AM   #4
laughterjones
laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughterjones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
Nate: you are right - I have forgotten all about it, since it was only on Taobao. Now that it's on Aliexpress it's a lot more accessible.
About that glass screen: it is intriguing that this device is exactly the same weight (350g) as the ReMarkable, which has a plastic screen. I wonder if they are actually that different, or the Aliexpress seller is mistaken... If you find out anything, please let us know!
Here's a video I found while browsing through some Chinese video sites looking for some videos. It's a comparison between the N96 and the PageX. All chinese but you can get a glimpse of actual use for really, both devices.

http://www.iqiyi.com/w_19ru8ndl81.html

I'm a long time lurker, but have hardly any real interaction with these EInks. Some user educated comments on the comparison would be helpful. Thanks.
laughterjones is offline   Reply With Quote