Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #196
victor_2203
Connoisseur
victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Version 1.2.1 is out. There have been no functional changes, except for removing two obsolete lines in the orientation extension, and for supporting installation on a larger variety of KT models. In other words: there is no urgent need to upgrade.

Download.
Is the last character issue fixed in this new version for 5.0.4?
victor_2203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #197
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
This version is for 5.1.0 only.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #198
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
These issues are fixed with 5.1, the launcher does not solve this problem for 5.0.4.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #199
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Last shameless plug on the KindleTool front: I finally had time (and by time, I mean 'while waiting for the Diablo III servers to get back up'... Ooops ^^) to test it on Windows, and, apparently, it works, yay!

So I'll be updating the Wiki, and if a kind soul could check it out on OS X, that would be awesome .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #200
miguelos
Enthusiast
miguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toys

Device: K3-3G, KT SO
would it be possible to change orientation in magazines ?
it was possible in kindle 3..
miguelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #201
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelos View Post
would it be possible to change orientation in magazines ?
it was possible in kindle 3..
I'm not using magazines, but doesn't rotating the home screen, then opening the magazine, work?
Old 05-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #202
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
I'm not using magazines, but doesn't rotating the home screen, then opening the magazine, work?
they rotates but the upper part of the lists is missing ( however, no problem while reading an article):
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-05-26T13_33_48-0000.gif
Views:	346
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	86906 Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-05-26T13_31_12-0000.gif
Views:	347
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	86905
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #203
ixtab
(offline)

@thomass: Thanks for testing it.

So it seems like the magazines viewer simply has hardcoded behavior which expects that it runs in portrait mode. It's certainly possible to fix this with a patch. Anybody interested in fixing this is more than welcome to do so - I personally won't look into this, at least not in the foreseeable future. Come on people... you have all the required tools at hand, just get your hands dirty and actually do it!
Old 05-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #204
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Last shameless plug on the KindleTool front: I finally had time (and by time, I mean 'while waiting for the Diablo III servers to get back up'... Ooops ^^) to test it on Windows, and, apparently, it works, yay!

So I'll be updating the Wiki, and if a kind soul could check it out on OS X, that would be awesome .
Muchas gracias, NiLuJe!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #205
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
FWIW, I'm cursing at my brother's MBA right this second...

I'm hoping I won't have any surprises, but am currently waiting for XCode's 1.85GB download to finish...

EDIT: It build. It runs. Hit a stupid a bug. Fixed stupid bug. Battery died. Got back home now that the trains started running. Will update docs/wiki after sleep. (Note: Debugging stuff on an unknown platform without a proper dev env setup, with a hangover: fun times! Someone help me find my Tylenol? ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-27-2012 at 01:49 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:02 AM   #206
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
EDIT: It build. It runs. Hit a stupid a bug. Fixed stupid bug. Battery died. Got back home now that the trains started running. Will update docs/wiki after sleep. (Note: Debugging stuff on an unknown platform without a proper dev env setup, with a hangover: fun times! Someone help me find my Tylenol? ).
Or, try some Kickapoo Joy Juice, the ultimate hangover cure:
http://www.lil-abner.com/kickapoo.html
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:25 AM   #207
wl.
Enthusiast
wl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-505
i've got an idea:
what if guilauncher will open new page with list of installed plugins, not expand submenu (like "Experimental" does)?
is it hard to realize?
wl. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #208
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wl. View Post
i've got an idea:
what if guilauncher will open new page with list of installed plugins, not expand submenu (like "Experimental" does)?
is it hard to realize?
Short answer: yes. The launcher is meant to display menus and submenus. What you are looking for is an Application (=a Kindlet). Feel free to write one.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #209
wl.
Enthusiast
wl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Short answer: yes. The launcher is meant to display menus and submenus. What you are looking for is an Application (=a Kindlet). Feel free to write one.
as i can see, the easest way is to replace the "experimental view" itself, by filling listbox with custom items, besides default 3 items; using your jbpatch.
wl. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #210
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wl. View Post
as i can see, the easest way is to replace the "experimental view" itself, by filling listbox with custom items, besides default 3 items; using your jbpatch.
Hmmm... yes, of course, you could go for that solution. But you would be removing some functionality from the Kindle, and I'm not sure that everybody appreciates that.

As I said before: If you want this, then why not write a Kindlet instead? You would have total freedom, and total control over the layout and behavior.

Writing a Kindlet is mostly like writing a desktop Java application, and coming up with the required adapters for the GUI Launcher API is not too difficult either. For the Kindlet parts, there even is a working example, with full source code: KT Font Hack.

BTW: Yes, I'm sure that this could be useful, and would be liked by many people. I just personally can't put much effort into it. But you a more than welcome to start such a project, and I'd help with some advice, if needed.

Tags
kindle touch hacks