Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #1
distorteddisco
Enthusiast
distorteddisco began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
problems with my kobotouch :(

Running 1.9.5 - I'm currently travelling in Europe and there's no way I can return it for a couple of months.

About 3-8 times a day I have to power reset the device. It will just freeze up and the touchscreen will stop working - the home button will take it to the home screen but the touch screen stops. A power cycle fixes the problem.

This seems firmware-related rather than hardware-related. Can anyone (read: developers?) suggest a solution? It's quite frustrating.
distorteddisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
I had that happen to me 1 or 2 times with the very first firmware. I did not have any problem after that. 3-8 times seems a big number, maybe it is related to a specific book?

Last edited by Nigol; 06-29-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
remcdonald
Connoisseur
remcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch
Hmm...can't say I have ever had that problem with my device but doesn't sound fun. You should be able to return it to Kobo for repairs or replacement when you get back but there's no way a store will return it after you have had it that long.
remcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
oldgeezer
oldgeezer began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Kobo touch locks up v1.9.5

Mine is doing exactly the same thing.
oldgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #5
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
Mine is doing exactly the same thing.
Well on that note maybe 1.9.6 is on its way out as we speak. Im jealous of the Euro vacation though! if your there with your cell from here on Canada's worst cell phone bill there was a dude witha 20 thousand dollar bill due to roaming charges over there. Data related, total data downloaded just over 600 mb.

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2011, 03:08 AM   #6
distorteddisco
Enthusiast
distorteddisco began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Well on that note maybe 1.9.6 is on its way out as we speak. Im jealous of the Euro vacation though! if your there with your cell from here on Canada's worst cell phone bill there was a dude witha 20 thousand dollar bill due to roaming charges over there. Data related, total data downloaded just over 600 mb.

regards

jack

i really am hoping 1.9.6 will fix this, can be erratic but frustrating. i don't think it's just mine... some sort of specific situation causing the problem...

left my canadian sim at home! i now have swedish, french and german sims. all with around 10 euros for 2gb to unlimited data... what are we doing wrong in canada..
distorteddisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:10 AM   #7
know-one
Connoisseur
know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kOBO
I can luckily say that my Kobo is doing perfect so far - it's my third week I believe (or maybe second - time flies when you're in love) and it is incredible.
I wonder what's the % of faulty devices and if there's a place where we can see how the sales are doing...????
know-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:00 AM   #8
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by distorteddisco View Post
i really am hoping 1.9.6 will fix this, can be erratic but frustrating. i don't think it's just mine... some sort of specific situation causing the problem...

left my canadian sim at home! i now have swedish, french and german sims. all with around 10 euros for 2gb to unlimited data... what are we doing wrong in canada..
Greedy cell phone companies and politicains with no balls to stand up for our rights!

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote