Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
ageecee
Edge User

RIP Entourage Edge. (Thanks for the good memories)

They've been silent about it but majority of the users feel that it's time to say goodbye to this wonderful tablet.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
paula-t
Edge User

Is this post containing factual information? Or is it a personal assumption as those included in the previous post? As you started a new separate post instead of adding your comment to the other, I though you may want to include some fresh developments, but I don't see any link to a corporative news site or anything. Perhaps you missed your link to a newsplace? If so, please include the facts you wanted to share. Thank you.

Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
alefor
Edge User

The problem is, that we have no facts, because Entourage has maintained a cone of silence over the users. So all we can do is speculate. The speculation may be way off base, but lets face it, the only place that facts can come from is Entourage. And if they are unwilling to provide facts, speculation is a natural consequence. I, for one, would be overjoyed if we had some factual information supplied to us. It would calm down all this speculation. But each day without any facts, causes the speculation to escalate exponentially.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
sarah11918
Edge User

If something is going to happen, I'm kind of hoping we hear about it soon. I've been about as cheerful and optimistic as one could possibly be, but even I have my moments.

I had my edge on and plugged in for about a week without using it, then went back to it and the e-ink side was non-responsive to input from either the included stylus or my Motion pen. Buttons worked OK. My first thought was, "Crap! I can't afford for anything to happen to this device!" But of course, turning it off and on again cleared it up just fine. It's just that all the talk around here has made me ultra-sensitive to the slightest possible thing that can go wrong, just in case there's no one around to fix it. For the record, I haven't had any trouble with my machine in the year I've had it, other than being shipped the wrong power supply in the beginning. But it was always encouraging to hear everyone else get their technical problems fixed so quickly and smoothly.

In the absolute worst case, I can look at my investment as one that let me go without a laptop for a few months. And that's not so bad of a worst case. And, this has been one of my favourite forums over the past year, since the edge attracts such a unique crowd, so I'm glad for that!

All this talk does make me more seriously consider the Asus Eee Note when it comes to the US, though, as a more portable note taking option.... and a way to stop me from wanting one of the new Motion or Fujitsu tablet PCs! :P

Old 03-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #5
sarah11918
Edge User

Ah, I can see you posted in the other thread that it's US only.

Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
I had my edge on and plugged in for about a week without using it, then went back to it and the e-ink side was non-responsive to input from either the included stylus or my Motion pen. Buttons worked OK. My first thought was, "Crap! I can't afford for anything to happen to this device!" But of course, turning it off and on again cleared it up just fine. . . . .
The exact same thing happen to my edge. I guess there's a bug when it is asleep for a very long time. The solution is the equivalent of the Universal Microsoft Problem Solver -- Ctrl-Alt-Del.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #7
jsfiller
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula-t View Post
As you started a new separate post instead of adding your comment to the other, I though you may want to include some fresh developments, but I don't see any link to a corporative news site or anything.
I think ageecee started a new thread with such a drastic title in hopes of provoking a response from Entourage to help clear up what's going on. That's what I assume, anyway. I would certainly like some clarification of the situation. The reports of Entourage's imminent demise is spreading rapidly...and discouragingly.