Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 12:09 AM   #1
MaxsMom
MaxsMom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Otterbox

I have an otterbox for my iphone - is there something similar to this for a Kindle 2. I love to read in the tub, out by our pool and at the beach. Anyone have any suggestions?
MaxsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:10 AM   #2
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
What- oh, box.

Maybe try something like this. I've never used it, but it looks neat. I would wind up taking two-hour showers.

Last edited by OtterBooks; 01-02-2011 at 12:13 AM.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 12:16 AM   #3
MaxsMom

I have that all ready but the case I have for my Iphone is just great and I would think that there would be something like it for the Kindle. If you have never seen them pull them up.
www.otterbox.com I bought mine for my Iphone from Amazon. It protects your phone if you drop it or it gets wet. I love it and would love something like that for my Kindle.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:17 AM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
ziploc bag is dandy!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:23 AM   #5
MaxsMom

But I really want something to protect my Kindle if I should drop it. I do see that Otterbox is making a box for the Kindle 3, do you think it would fit a Kindle 2?
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 12:29 AM   #6
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxsMom View Post
I have that all ready but the case I have for my Iphone is just great and I would think that there would be something like it for the Kindle. If you have never seen them pull them up.
www.otterbox.com I bought mine for my Iphone from Amazon. It protects your phone if you drop it or it gets wet. I love it and would love something like that for my Kindle.
Oh wow I've never seen that before. Thanks for the link. Something like that for the Kindle would be very cool. Maybe send them an email and suggest it. Ereaders are an increasingly hot item so I wouldnt be surprised if they came out with something.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:30 AM   #7
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
The only similar thing I can think of for Kindle 2 is the m-edge Guardian hard cover case:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003QP...3946077&sr=8-6
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:38 AM   #8
MaxsMom

KindleWorm you seem to know so much about the Kindle. If Otterbox is making one for the Kindle 3 do you think it would work on a Kindle 2. I am not sure how the 2 Kindles are different as far as size and where buttons are located.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:39 AM   #9
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
Well, Otterbox just expanded their business and production facilities a ton (heard on CNBC) and this segment of the market has not been tapped yet.

Send a suggestion to them on their website. I'm sure they will eventually make one.
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:43 AM   #10
MaxsMom

I did send in a question asking if the otterbox they are making for the Kindle 3 will fit a Kindle 2 and if not if they will be making on for the Kindle 2. I HOPE so!
Old 01-02-2011, 12:46 AM   #11
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
Quote:
I did send in a question asking if the otterbox they are making for the Kindle 3 will fit a Kindle 2 and if not if they will be making on for the Kindle 2. I HOPE so!
Ah, I didn't read the post thoroughly. Seems they are already making one for the K3. Not surprised...eReaders are a hot little item these days.

http://www.otterbox.com/Amazon-Kindl...efault,pd.html
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:01 AM   #12
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
KindleWorm you seem to know so much about the Kindle. If Otterbox is making one for the Kindle 3 do you think it would work on a Kindle 2. I am not sure how the 2 Kindles are different as far as size and where buttons are located.
I doubt it would work because apart from a different layout, the K3 is a smaller and thinner device. But one can always hope!
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:56 AM   #13
Jcas
Zealot
Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle PW2,Kindle DXG,iPhone 4
I had one of these for the iphone but i have never ever seen any case that attracts dust, hairs and lint like the Otterbox, mine was the defender.
I couldn't stand it and got rid of it, i buy a case to protect my item from these nasties not to attract them, so i hope the Kindle one doesn't have the same problem.
Jcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #14
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I agree with KindleKitten - unless you just love to spend money get one of those large Ziploc Bags and stick the Kindle in it when you are around water. That's what I use for bathtub reading and when I'm out by the pool in the summer and it works just fine.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #15
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Otterboxes from my experience are finely tuned to the device. A k3 box would definitely not fit the larger k2.

I would imagine unless there is great demand for a OLD device, the k2, they will not tool up for it.

If looking for water-proof, their page says it is NOT water-proof.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote