Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-25-2017, 08:55 AM   #1
simonuzzo
simonuzzo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7gen ( g090 g105)
Jailbreck 5.9.2 G090 G105?

Hi, if possible jailbreck my kindle? Recent buy ( 24/11/2017 "dd/mm/yyyy")

when I turned it on, I had another version that I do not know, but it has just started updating this version. Is it possible to do the jailbreck?
P.Š. He is a regenerated amazon officer
simonuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:12 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Long answer: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275877
Medium length answer: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=292162
Short answer: NO
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 12:14 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
On a sidenote, as you'll see in @knc1 post, those aren't actually proper device codes.

EDIT: Brainfart. The extra whitespace confused the hell out of me.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-26-2017 at 07:22 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 05:35 PM   #4
simonuzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
thanks for your answer.

@NiLuJe only g090g1?

Edit: 23.59 -26/11/17
@knc1 i see to amazon site the source code of system. Hypothetically, you could not compile and use the compiled one? so you do not have ads. Do I have linux knowledge, if my idea could work I could try to compile it or just lose time?

Last edited by simonuzzo; 11-26-2017 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:59 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonuzzo View Post
thanks for your answer.

@NiLuJe only g090g1?

Edit: 23.59 -26/11/17
@knc1 i see to amazon site the source code of system. Hypothetically, you could not compile and use the compiled one? so you do not have ads. Do I have linux knowledge, if my idea could work I could try to compile it or just lose time?
NO.
The only sources there are those they must post to meet the terms of the license.

Most of the system is proprietary code, not published.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:30 PM   #6
simonuzzo

Hi, my kindle update to 5.9.2.0.1, now is JB ready?
Old 01-18-2018, 08:43 PM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Jailbreak on previous firmwares like 5.9.0.?.? survive the update to your firmware.

As of right now, there is NO 5.9.2.anything jailbreak.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:52 AM   #8
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
At this point your only JB option is serial port. DON'T try this without the proper hardware and the ability to work with delicate, tiny connections or you will have a paperweight instead of a paperwhite.

Also keep in mind that most of the enhancements still need to be adapted to this later firmware, as there were major changes to the partition layout and content. So at this point your best option is to wait unless you are the pioneering type.

Dave

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:15 AM   #9
simonuzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Jailbreak on previous firmwares like 5.9.0.?.? survive the update to your firmware.

As of right now, there is NO 5.9.2.anything jailbreak.
no never jb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
At this point your only JB option is serial port. DON'T try this without the proper hardware and the ability to work with delicate, tiny connections or you will have a paperweight instead of a paperwhite.

Also keep in mind that most of the enhancements still need to be adapted to this later firmware, as there were major changes to the partition layout and content. So at this point your best option is to wait unless you are the pioneering type.

Dave
Dave
I await the end of the legal guarantee, then I will evaluate the use of the serial. Let's say that the main function that I need is to remove special offers
Old 01-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral

Duh...
You can remove special offers by contacting Amazon Customer Service, no serial port required.

In fact, due to site policy, that is the only answer you will get at this site.
Ref: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=200942
Old 01-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
no never jb

I await the end of the legal guarantee, then I will evaluate the use of the serial. Let's say that the main function that I need is to remove special offers
Removing Special offers requires Amazon. Any attempts to do it on your own can result in a paperweight.
Call. Best case scenario: removed free. Worst case : you have to pay the $20.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:21 PM   #12
simonuzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Removing Special offers requires Amazon. Any attempts to do it on your own can result in a paperweight.
Call. Best case scenario: removed free. Worst case : you have to pay the $20.

Yes, I have already contacted Amazon but do not want to remove them for free. I am bothered by their teasing, after one spends the money for a product and also many. They want more money for the removal of publicity.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:00 PM   #13
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Yes, I have already contacted Amazon but do not want to remove them for free. I am bothered by their teasing, after one spends the money for a product and also many. They want more money for the removal of publicity.
They paid you $20 to agree to have advertising.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote