Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-01-2014, 07:01 PM   #46
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
At a certain point in time you should give an old friend it rest. Enough is enough...
You're right, Toxaris. I just can't seem to let go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
Anyone seriously interested in converting, creating and manipulating eBooks will need Word, Calibre, Acrobat, Sigil, MobiPocket Creator, Adobe Digital Editions, Abbyy FineReader, Kindle Previewer....(what have I missed out?) or functional equivalents.

Pick a platform that does the job.
Yep, wombat. You're right. What I'm finding is I've got about 90% of what I need in Linux. (Missing notably Kindle Previewer and Sony Reader Library.) I keep thinking I'll find a way to get 100% of what I need in Linux but the odds on that happening seem to be rapidly shrinking.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #47
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Will they run under Wine? Yeh, another program to talk about. But if they could then that would get you closer to the 100%.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:46 AM   #48
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
Will they run under Wine? Yeh, another program to talk about. But if they could then that would get you closer to the 100%.
That I have yet to try, although I've heard KP doesn't. Good suggestion. I will experiment. Thanks.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:47 PM   #49
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Waiting on the vaporware version that I can't seem to find. I want the 256gig box, and it's been "out of stock due to demand" for...hell, nearly 5 months now, everywhere I look. That's the only reason. I do a ton of work on my devices, and I suck up tons of SS drive space.

Hitch
today look here: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...aign=WEBBP1829 at tigerdirect.

Or even better look at http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...36522&csid=_22

which is a bundle with the keyboard and even cheaper.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 04-02-2014 at 05:51 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #50
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
today look here: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...aign=WEBBP1829 at tigerdirect.

Or even better look at http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...36522&csid=_22

which is a bundle with the keyboard and even cheaper.

Dale

Yes, thanks! I received a PM from someone else...they must have suddenly released them into the wild.

NOW, of course, I'm equivocating. I thought I was sure, and then I glanced at the latest Thinkpad 440S. Bugger. I'm just not on the road as much as I used to be. We still have a Thinkpad laptop that is practically first-gen, (at *least* 10 years old if not more) that WORKS (on XP). Don't know if the new ones will be that durable, but...man, hard to knock it. For the same price as the SP2-256, you can drive a lot of Thinkpad plus goodies. URGHGHGHGHGHGHGHG.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:43 PM   #51
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I know when I worked for IBM we all had thinkpads and I lobed them. Nice reliable laptops.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:22 PM   #52
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
I remember reading you can get that surface thingy cheaper when ordering from ms with an XP machine. A part of their plan to stomp last XP systems out.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:01 PM   #53
Warbird Books
Warbird Books began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
We still have a Thinkpad laptop that is practically first-gen, (at *least* 10 years old if not more) that WORKS (on XP). Don't know if the new ones will be that durable, but...man, hard to knock it. For the same price as the SP2-256, you can drive a lot of Thinkpad plus goodies. URGHGHGHGHGHGHGHG.

Hitch
I have a Lenovo laptop that I got secondhand from Amazon, and yes, it is a sturdy machine with an excellent keyboard, just like the originals from IBM. (I also like the Trackpoint option.)
Warbird Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #54
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbird Books View Post
I have a Lenovo laptop that I got secondhand from Amazon, and yes, it is a sturdy machine with an excellent keyboard, just like the originals from IBM. (I also like the Trackpoint option.)
Yeah, ours is the original T60. Ancient, but keeps on chugging. If I could upgrade it with Mem, etc., I would (although by today's standards, it's rather heavy, and the bottom does get quite warmish). So...I'm increasingly leaning toward the TP, over the Surface Pro 2, but...{sigh}. Why is it we geeks and freaks can't afford everything we want, eh?

Hitch
Old 04-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #55
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Why is it we geeks and freaks can't afford everything we want, eh?

Hitch
You let eating and paying your bills stop you???? (grin)
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:39 PM   #56
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
You let eating and paying your bills stop you???? (grin)
I know, it's, like, totally amazing, right? How could I be so irresponsible? I fear that the Freaks and Geeks Police Patrol will be by any second to yank my membership card!

Hitch
Old 04-10-2014, 04:47 PM   #57
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
I know, it's, like, totally amazing, right? How could I be so irresponsible? I fear that the Freaks and Geeks Police Patrol will be by any second to yank my membership card!

Hitch
*BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

They are here knocking down the door of this thread. Can't you hear them?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #58
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

I'm ready!

Hitch