Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #61
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
no, IE only
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:06 PM   #62
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Ok. Wrong thread, but there doesn't seem to be a really *right* thread. "Name this Video" .... cause I can't remember enough to find it on google!

early 90's (maybe 80's) music video .... Black lead singer ... well known guy .... two of everything ... backup girls in sexy black .... R&B maybe ..... slow, laid back song ..... finger snapping .... Even had the double-mint twins briefly in it. So I wanna say it has the word "Double" but I'm not finding anything in a search.

Is this too vague, or can somebody jog my memory??
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #63
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Ok. Wrong thread, but there doesn't seem to be a really *right* thread. "Name this Video" .... cause I can't remember enough to find it on google!

early 90's (maybe 80's) music video .... Black lead singer ... well known guy .... two of everything ... backup girls in sexy black .... R&B maybe ..... slow, laid back song ..... finger snapping .... Even had the double-mint twins briefly in it. So I wanna say it has the word "Double" but I'm not finding anything in a search.

The only bell that rings for me is the Robert Palmer video for Addicted to Love, and I know that's not it. I tried googling and searching youtube with your descriptions and couldn't find anything either.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:21 PM   #64
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Kirsten Dunst goes blue (warning-- mild cartoon boobage)

ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:59 AM   #65
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
darn it! all of a sudden I'm broken and can't see what you linked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
no, IE only
KK, I can see using both FF and IE. Have you recently updated or changed anything since the last time you viewed Youtube clips here at MR? Otherwise try rebooting the computer and clearing cookies and then retry viewing.

Maybe also try at Youtube itself to see if the problem is when trying to view the clip itself or something to do with how you view it through an embedded source, such as here at MR.

Here are the clips I posted as they are directly at Youtube (if you would like to try to see them there).

Spiderman vacuum gloves part 1 part 2
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #66
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
it seems my Adobe flash had taken a hike. go figure!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #67
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:02 PM   #68
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post

Well, fortunately somebody out there in the ether was reading my mind. This video was only posted yesterday. But it's the one I was looking for!!!!! (The two girls in black, at Adrian's cafe, whom Am later took on -- reminded me of this)

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 02-25-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #69
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Excellent, Deb! I spent half an hour wracking my brains and the internet looking for this because I, too, remembered it. Do you know how many references to the Doublemint Twins are out there?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #70
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry bout that! I guess the Doublemint twins aren't actually in it. It just made me think of them. I *am* glad that somebody else remembers it!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #71
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

one of the good/bad things about being overseas for a huge chunk of my adult life is that there are quite often cultural references that go right over my head
Old 02-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #72
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Well, I only had cable with VH1 for a 4 year period around 1990. So there are few videos that stick in my mind --- but that is one of them!
Old 03-01-2010, 06:57 AM   #73
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

Spoiler:
Some people are such sticky beaks!

Old 03-01-2010, 07:05 AM   #74
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post

Spoiler:
Some people are such sticky beaks!

Those aren't pranks, they're assaults. If that happened to me, there'd be a fight!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #75
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
I'm a fan of Gilbert O'Sullivan and happened upon Steve Riks' videos. He's an excellent performer and gives a spot on impersonation of many performers. These are some of my my favorites:

Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cats, kindle, tax, vincent price