Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
Busiestmummy
Busiestmummy began at the beginning.

Device: Binnatone read me colour
Smile Help ! Daughter got an ereader for Christmas

My daughter received a binatone read me colour ereader for Christmas, I have downloaded ADE and bought some books from water stones for her. I have activated my pc and the ereader but when I try to put the books on the ereader an error message comes up saying failed to write content
Don't know what to do
Can anyone suggest a fix?
Busiestmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The manual appears to be available online here.

There's no mention of that error in the manual, so I suggest following section 18:

Quote:
18 IF YOU NEED HELP...
The Binatone Helpline is available from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Mondays to Fridays, please call
0845 345 9677 for UK, 0818762092 for Eire (Local call rate)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busiestmummy View Post
My daughter received a binatone read me colour ereader for Christmas, I have downloaded ADE and bought some books from water stones for her. I have activated my pc and the ereader but when I try to put the books on the ereader an error message comes up saying failed to write content
Don't know what to do
Can anyone suggest a fix?
Sounds like you are trying to put the books in the wrong folder. Are you using ADE to transfer the books?
If you tranfer the books within ADE (just drag them to the ereader symbol in ADE) they should automatically be put into the correct folder.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
Matth79
Zealot
Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
One alarming possibility (not sure if it would result in that error).

Quote:
DRM-protected files are tied to you, who is the purchaser. If you authorise your computer
before you download the DRM-protected book, then Digital Editions will tie the book to
your Digital Editions account. You can authorise up to 6 different computers or devices
and copy your DRM-protected books between them. But if you did not authorise your
computer before you download the book, then Digital Editions will tie the book to your
specific computer. If you buy another computer later on, or even if you reinstall Digital
Editions again, you will not be able to access any books you have already downloaded.
So if you have not authorized FIRST, the books will be locked to a single device - OUCH!

Actually, it sounds more like a USB problem, does the port work ok with flash drives / pendrives.
Matth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:36 AM   #5
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
This question is to other, more tech-savvy peeps: would it help if the OP downloaded Calibre and became a friend of Apprentice Alf? This might get round any DRM issues if such are causing her problem.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2013, 05:19 AM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Well, she hasn't been back so we can only presume she figured it out or returned/swapped it.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #7
Busiestmummy
Busiestmummy began at the beginning.

Device: Binnatone read me colour
Well, I have checked and I did authorise ADE, and the reader is authorised. I have tried moving the book as described above but no joy. I even bought a micro SD card incase storage was an issue still hasn't worked. I have downloaded callibre again no joy. trying to call Binnatone
Busiestmummy is offline   Reply With Quote