Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-09-2021, 08:47 AM   #1
eddington
eddington began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Way to make default reader read EPUB

Hello all, has anyone hacked the default reader to read EPUB files? I know there is KOReader but personally I don't like it as much due to its interface/fonts, and the extra work involved in opening the app.
Ideally it would just replace the default reader software and work as expected but alleviate the need of converting every EPUB I download into Mobi.
eddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 06:44 PM   #2
irreld
Enthusiast
irreld began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 PW3 DPT-RP1
I'm not sure if KPVBooklet still work on newer fw. Probably not
irreld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2021, 06:59 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It does not. It's also unsupported, hasn't seen any testing in years, and may lead to lots of weird quirks even on "supported" FW versions.

Definitely a no-go a PW4 anyway .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
default reader, epub, kindle paperwhite