Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-01-2021, 11:50 AM   #211
Regard_39
Enthusiast
Regard_39 doesn't litterRegard_39 doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libra H2O, Kindle Oasis
After your 2 messages, I decided to test again from scratch by installing Calibre (+KoboTouchExtended plugin) and kepubify on the laptop of my daughter who owns the e-reader.

This time the kepub conversion with Calibre was a success, as was the transfer. In the end, the book is perfectly recognized and the pages are correctly displayed.

With kepubify v3.1.6 the conversion was much faster. Unfortunately the result is not conclusive: the same problem of displaying blank pages except the cover which is correctly displayed this time.

So I have partially solved my issue, with the Calibre workaround acceptable, although of course I much prefer to use kepubify .

Finally, you might be interested to have a look at my kepubified VictorHugo and compare it with yours. I wonder how it will look on your e-reader (check your inbox).
Regard_39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 01:27 PM   #212
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I have released kepubify v4.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2021, 02:00 PM   #213
steveparry
Connoisseur
steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Something's wrong with the new version... I can't install the latest version on my M1 MacBook Pro... I downloaded the Arm64 version, typed the install commands and I get version 3.16 showing up in the Terminal window. God in heaven the frustration!!! Can it be so difficult to produce a version with a proper GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE?
steveparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 02:43 PM   #214
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveparry View Post
Something's wrong with the new version... I can't install the latest version on my M1 MacBook Pro... I downloaded the Arm64 version, typed the install commands and I get version 3.16 showing up in the Terminal window. God in heaven the frustration!!! Can it be so difficult to produce a version with a proper GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE?
Personally, I use kepubify as a batch file driven command line tool. If you really want a GUI, you could try the web version at Online EPUB to KEPUB converter.

Next question if you remove the 3.16 file and then retry the darwin-arm64 4.03 file, does it still show 3.16 when opened from terminal.

Edit: Downloaded the 4.03 kepubify-darwin-arm64 file, ran chmod +x on it from terminal, allowed it to execute from Security and privacy and it opens happily. This is using Monterey 12.1.

Last edited by DNSB; 12-28-2021 at 02:56 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 02:51 PM   #215
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: KA1, KLH2O, Oasis 3
Everything works on Mac OS. Thank you.
makara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2021, 03:34 PM   #216
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by makara View Post
Are you using an M1 Mac with the ARM CPU or an Intel x64 CPU based Mac?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 01:33 AM   #217
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: KA1, KLH2O, Oasis 3
Intel processor
makara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 12:14 PM   #218
Tommalka
Enthusiast
Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
So in case someone else is annoyed too and doesn't want to use the website version: I have set up a simple Telegram bot that uses Kepubify v4 to convert. Just send the epub in the chat to get a kepub back:

https://t.me/epub_kepub_bot

I wrote it mainly for myself, but maybe others will find it useful too. It is meant for single books from time to time, please don't blow up my traffic by uploading your entire library. I have set a limit of 5 conversions per user per hour for this reason, so that the bot can stay online as long as possible.

This code is used

Last edited by Tommalka; 12-29-2021 at 12:18 PM.
Tommalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 01:04 PM   #219
steveparry
Connoisseur
steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

V4 not installing on M1

I'm using an M1 MacBook Pro 13" running Big Sur. I download the arm64 version and install it as directed but I only get the previous version 3.1.6 in Terminal... See screenshot. What am I doing wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 5.56.08 pm.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	617.7 KB
ID:	191264  
Old 01-02-2022, 01:20 PM   #220
steveparry
Connoisseur

OK I think there is a problem with Mac OS allowing it - see screenshot. I opened Security & Privacy prefs and allowed it. It worked once showing V4 then reverted to 3.1.6 again! And a dialogue pops up to state I should contact the developer sigh...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 6.13.52 pm.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	454.7 KB
ID:	191265  

Last edited by steveparry; 01-02-2022 at 01:25 PM. Reason: error
Old 05-22-2022, 01:52 PM   #221
steveparry
Connoisseur

Well, for those of us without any experience in using the command line tool could someone please produce a video on Youtube that would clearly explain how to install and use version 4? I am still puzzling over this. It might even make the tool more downloaded and used. Thank you.
Old 05-22-2022, 01:53 PM   #222
steveparry
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by makara View Post
Well, for those of us without any experience in using the command line tool could someone please produce a video on Youtube that would clearly explain how to install and use version 4? I am still puzzling over this. It might even make the tool more downloaded and used. Thank you.
Old 05-22-2022, 04:08 PM   #223
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Are you on Windows? If so, you can just drag the epub over the .exe. Not sure if that works on Mac.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 08:53 AM   #224
steveparry
Connoisseur

No, I use a MacBook Pro M1 running Big Sur OS.
Old 05-25-2022, 04:52 PM   #225
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
No, I use a MacBook Pro M1 running Big Sur OS.
Then what about the Mac OS instructions? It even tells you which one to download if you have an M1 chip. Or you can use the web interface version.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, epub, kepub, kepubify