Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-19-2017, 05:39 AM   #16
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
This plugin is intended for users who know that running a plugin that checks URLs on a machine with no Internet access is pointless.
Yeah, I worked that out.

The machine has access, it's just that all apps are blocked at the firewall by default. Have never had the need to allow Sigil to go online before.

Just a suggestion to prevent false positives.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:05 AM   #17
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Sigil itself checks online for updates upon launch. Sigil uses an online CSS validator. Some Sigil plugins check online for updates. Running Sigil behind a firewall will inhibit these acts, but that firewall setting is done by user choice and so problems caused by the firewall can hardly be called Sigil or plugin false positives. Perhaps user-created false positives but ...
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2017, 09:39 AM   #18
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
I've been using Sigil for 3 years or so and never felt a need to let it go online.
Anyway, I fully accept that it's my own fault.
Though aside from firewall, not everyone is online 24/7.

If you like it could say "You aren't online dummy" first, rather than just listing all your links and saying each is "Broken", which made me think the links had syntax errors, till I realised that I couldn't have screwed them all up.

Alternatively, it could say
"Cannot access http://whatever.com".
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 03:34 AM   #19
aokai
aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Phone (Android) - Kindle Paperwhite
Lightbulb Hello and new version proposed

I've been using Sigil for a few years now. My main publication is a travel guide that refers to a thousand URLs. I've been testing them with this plugin for some time, however it fails at checking some without giving much info on what was going on or even stalling on a few that I had to remove (while they work perfectly fine in a web browser).

Python is not my preferred language, but, uh, well, I gave it a try and came to this new version that should hopefully give you more details on errors like :
  • 301 - moved permanently : probably an old URL that you should change for the new one
  • 302 - Found (aka moved temporarily) : may also need a revision
  • 404 - Not found : broken link
  • SSL error - Invalid certificate on server's side : probably not maintained
  • getaddrinfo errors : site not found, probably a dead site

I also dropped support for Python 2, since it reached end of life some time ago.
Attached Files
File Type: zip URLChecker_v0.3.zip (2.3 KB, 219 views)
aokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:34 AM   #20
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Thanks for the updated version!

I've added your changes to the code and fixed the broken
validation window handler. Clicking an error message in the Validation Results window should now display the line reported in the error message.

Last edited by Doitsu; 04-18-2021 at 10:38 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2021, 03:13 PM   #21
aokai
aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.aokai composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Phone (Android) - Kindle Paperwhite
Perfect ! Thank you for your time and your quick answer.
aokai is offline   Reply With Quote